Director, Marketing & Communications, North America
We have an immediate opening for a Director, Marketing and Communications, an integral and new role on our North America team, and part of our overall global marketing and communications team. We’re looking for the right person to help drive positioning, thought leadership, internal communications, brand management and marketing for our North American business.
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a part of our North America leadership team to develop and implement APCO’s strategy to elevate brand visibility that aligns with our strategic priorities and three-year plan
- Lead the development and implementation of a North America plan that tells a cohesive narrative, enhances and expands brand equity and establishes distinct thought and action leadership.
- Create doors-openers and go-to market strategies that highlights new agency innovations.
- Develop plans to raise profiles of North America team members.
- Bring to life the marketing plan by creating stories that reach both current and prospective clients and team members.
- Identify and develop case studies for the region. Equip client and regional growth hub leaders with talking points on new client success stories and agency innovations.
- Move quickly to insert APCO’s voice into appropriate conversations so our brand shows up in a timely fashion on pressing, appropriate issues of the day.
- Develop thought leadership content—long-form, short-form and real-time.
- Utilize the company’s web and social media channels to promote marketing activity aligned with the company’s overall strategy.
- Work collaboratively with APCO departments to ensure consistency in voice:
- Partner with North America president and leadership to understand priorities, package new offers; move quickly to launch initiatives.
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Marketing and Communications to ensure our marketing strategy and activities support our global strategy and overall corporate narrative.
- Ad hoc support with global media relations efforts to support thought leadership and media opportunities for APCO’s senior team members, aligning with the company’s strategy
- Identify, coordinate and ensure consistent narrative and delivery of internal messaging and initiatives for the region.
- Become an expert on APCO’s team and experience globally.
- Manage, mentor and train junior member (s) of the team as necessary.
- Develop and implement data-driven reports to demonstrate ROI of marketing investments for the company.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 8+ years of experience in a marketing and communications role; BA/BS in a related field; strong strategic thinking; organization and project management skills; expert written, editing and oral communications skills; attention to detail; an understanding of and keen interest in global affairs and issues; strong research and analytical skills; and a creative and innovative mindset to drive new ideas for promoting the APCO brand. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is also required along with high proficiency writing in AP style. The ideal candidate will also have familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop); Sugar Market (or a similar email management system); and experience shooting and directing video content.
The position also requires the ability to understand, translate and drive the company’s messaging to global markets; apply writing style and techniques appropriate for different audiences; interact tactfully and effectively with other professionals; understand and interpret new and complex concepts and information applicable to assigned projects and responsibilities; and maintain confidentiality.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.