Account Executive, Corporate Communications
We are looking for a Project Assistant or Project Consultant (Account Executive/ Senior Account Executive) to join our successful and growing team to work across a range of tech B2B and corporate communications clients. The ideal candidate would have experience managing multiple accounts and leading campaigns for tech clients, with a strong track record of working with the media. International experience desired but not essential.
Our 60+ strong team, based in Covent Garden, is at the heart of APCO Worldwide’s global network and is a major hub for our work across Europe and beyond. Last year we were named the Best EMEA network to work for, and this year we were named both Global and EMEA Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, and have received numerous awards and accolades for our campaigns and recognising our status a leading employer in our industry.
In the role, you will have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, stakeholder engagement, digital/social media and business development.
Key Responsibilities would include:
Project Assistants and Project Consultants are involved in the day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials (i.e. summary reports, press releases, credentials and proposals) and by conducting and analyzing research on a variety of client related issues, or media monitoring.
- Participate actively in internal and client meetings, offering knowledgeable observations and suggestions
- Maintain email/telephone contacts with clients as needed, without requiring a supervisor to intervene on routine matters
- Contribute to and prepares the “basic” reports required in the specific functional capacity (e.g, perception audits, market studies, provincial reports, summary reports, etc.) with minimal guidance and review by managers
- Prepare customized credential packages for prospective clients, highlighting APCO capabilities, relevant case studies, and high-level industry notes and observations (which requires a minimal review by project managers)
- Draft initial proposals for client work
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Someone who thrives on the variety and diversity of agency life - past agency experience is desirable (corporate communication, media relations)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail
- Proven track record working with the media
- An active interest in digital / social media
We are recognised as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- A collegial and collaborative working environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from around the world
- Significant opportunities to develop professionally, with extensive training and personal development programmes including a global exchange programme
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, including health & wellness benefits
About APCO Worldwide
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.