Associate Consultant, Media & Communications
Associate Consultant, Media & Communications—Washington, DC
We have an immediate opportunity for an Associate Consultant to join our media team, where you will play a key role pitching news media outlets and securing placements for opinion media pieces on behalf of clients, advocacy coalitions, and civil society voices. You will be joining our Campaigns and Advocacy practice in Washington, D.C.
• Drafting and pitching advocacy pieces to news outlets, reaching out directly to reporters and editors to secure placement.
• Building ongoing relationships with editors at key outlets and developing a strategic perspective on earned media campaigns.
• Leading issue and media research projects at the request of clients and/or colleagues, including collecting media clips and social media highlights around key issues.
• Offer general support to the broader campaign team in the planning and execution of issue advocacy campaigns.
• 1-2 years of relevant experience working in communications – ideally on Capitol Hill, in public policy advocacy, or on a political campaign.
• Excellent writing skills.
• A self-starting and results-focused attitude.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, at minimum; a law degree or public policy graduate degree and experience practicing in the tech or telecom space is a significant advantage.
• Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.