Named the 2017 PR Agency of the year by the New York Observer, we are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve tricky problems, create new ideas and campaigns, and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
At APCO, you will work closely with colleagues at all levels and around the world on research, writing, media, and creative problem-solving. You’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, sustainability and corporate responsibility, media relations and stakeholder engagement, and digital/social media. And you could work with clients in healthcare, tech, financial, energy and nonprofit sectors.
- Performs day-to-day account work with assistance from more junior and senior colleagues
- Independently manages several small accounts or projects for large accounts, serving as account lead and/or primary point of contact with support, supervision as needed
- Develops and manages project programming, including implementation plans, staffing plans, budgets, timelines and measurement/evaluation
- Ability to integrate digital and social media tactics with overall communications strategy
- Ability to construct traditional and digital measurement deliverables upon request
- Familiarity with a variety of social media tools and the metrics that drive success within those tools
- Manages client expectations, earning clients’ respect, trust and confidence
- Keeps team appropriately informed and involved in projects; ensure projects run smoothly, and help team members feel empowered, respected, and educated
- Identifies and secures assistance with emerging account challenges
- At least 6 years of corporate communications/PR experience/digital expertise; agency experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or other related field
- Media relations experience developing and executing both traditional and digital media strategies, including media pitching, and analysis
- Experience writing press releases and developing press kits
- Demonstrate superior writing skills, specifically in consumer-facing communications
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
- Well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels.
- Exemplary research, organizational, and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and junior team members, as well as prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media networks
- Strong presentation skills
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed. APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.
APCO Worldwide, named "Public Affairs Agency of the Year" 2017 “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.