Managing Director, New York
Managing Director, New York
About APCO in New York
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with client throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are looking for a charismatic, entrepreneurial and collaborative business innovator to be the leader of our New York team. The Managing Director for the New York Office and North region will inherit and grow an exceptionally talented team that is primed to further accelerate growth and capture our rightful market opportunity. APCO is a market leader in helping our clients with corporate advisory and advocacy to protect license to operate; understand shifting demographic, social, culture and behavioral change; advance innovative and disruptive business models; and build creative campaigning efforts that drive change.
The MD will be responsible for developing and driving a market growth and innovation strategy. They should thrive in building business and capturing new opportunity. The MD will also provide senior level counsel to help our clients anticipate and navigate their operating environment while building reputation. They will help our organization remain competitive and grow by identifying and converting new business that will have a major strategic impact on the long-term success of the company. The Managing Director will report to the North America president and be part of our North America leadership team building APCO’s future.
THE SUCCESSFUL MANAGING DIRECTOR WILL:
- Leadership – Set a vision and inspire those to achieve it. Live our values. Work collaboratively as the lead and part of a team; check their ego at the door. Bring the full global power of APCO forward to win new clients and expand existing ones.
- Business– Understand the NY corporate market and opportunities across the Northeast; maintain deep connections in C-Suite environments and authentically introduce APCO to help drive success. Lead the charge in securing and building client business. Maintain an external profile as an innovative thought leader.
- DEI & Community Engagement—Champion our DEI and Accelerate What’s Right Encourage community engagement with staff efforts to create real change.
- Business Performance – Deliver results against the business plan; generate organic and net-new revenue growth and meet expected levels of profitability with the one-firm approach in mind, collaborating and coordinating across the network; partner with the office leadership team to responsibly manage budgets and operations.
- Operations Partnership—Partner with and empower the office and corporate operations team to run day-to-day operations. The team will bring to life the internal operations of the growth and innovation plan. The day-to-day team will be responsible for internal operations such as employee development; talent recruitment and retention; employee issues; office operations, etc.
- Client Oversight – Identify and expand key client relationships through C-suite engagement.
- Effective Networking – Actively network to identify new business prospects and talent for the firm, work with colleagues and managers to propose innovative ideas that increase market share for the business.
- Meeting KPIs – Meet or exceed assigned new business and personal KPI targets (developed in partnership with Regional President as part of the review process).
- Supervisory responsibilities – Supervise and direct the office leadership team.
- Requires- At least 15 years of experience in communications, public relations and public affairs. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a proven ability to develop business strategy and drive results.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed. APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise. Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing. We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.