Intern, Corporate Communications, Milan - two openings
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication, stakeholder engagement and business strategy firm, headquartered in Washington, D.C. with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
APCO helps clients anticipate what’s next and smartly manage communication and business opportunities and challenges that affect organizations, products, services or brands. Our diverse and hands-on global team of more than 700 experts comes from the environments clients need to reach, from former elected leaders, journalists and ambassadors to government officials and business executives.
The following are specific duties performed on a daily basis:
- Support media relations (eg. drafting press releases, producing media lists)
- Provide general research and intelligence to the office (eg. monitoring media, institutional developments, policy and legislative updates)
- Develop understanding of different client/ industry issues through research and monitoring across a wide range of relevant issues
- Draft client materials (eg. monitoring, policy and stakeholder mappings, etc.)
- Support event coordination and logistics organization
- Actively support new business opportunities by contributing to brainstorms, conducting research, compiling bios and preparing decks
- Any other task deemed reasonable
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Degree and/or post-graduate degree in media/communication, politics or equivalent;
- Language skills: Proficient in English and Italian, command of another language is considered a plus;
- Prior experience working in news organizations, Italian and European institutions, in-house, consultancy or within a trade association desirable;
- Knowledge and interest in Communication, Public Affairs and Politics
- Computer skills: MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and perform under tight deadlines
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Eligible to work in the EU
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.