Accounts Payable Specialist - University
Another Source’s client, UCLA, is recruiting an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team.
The innovation, the complexity, the diversity, and the opportunity for impact and learning are endless at UCLA. When you join the University you are expanding your career beyond a team to an economic engine with a world of opportunity.
This role provides competitive pay that reflects market trends and includes benefits that increase financial stability, and promote a healthy and fulfilling life. UCLA offers an exceptional setting for professionals to gain exposure throughout the University and advance their careers accordingly.
Here's a little about UCLA and the position they are seeking to fill:
As one of Southern California’s top five employers, UCLA is the workplace of more than 42,000 people and contributes $12.7 billion to the economy. Innovation at UCLA has produced an active portfolio of almost 3,000 inventions. More than 140 companies have been created based on technology developed here.
What Are the Details?
Under the general direction of the Accounts Payable Technical Operations Supervisor, the Accounts Payable e-Payables Specialist will work independently to complete a variety of assignments for the various UCLA payment card programs including: reconciliation of e-Payables and procurement card transactions to ensure policy is adhered to; declining balance cards; virtual/ghost cards; AP payment card; and other card programs, as they may develop.
Main Duties Responsibilities
- Perform regular audits of transactions processed by the card program users to determine accuracy and ensure that procedures are consistently being followed
- Review all error reports and manually process items as applicable
- Serve as a liaison with vendors and follow-up on issues as needed
- The incumbent is also responsible for banking; related payment issuance and reversals within the Accounts Payable Department including, but not limited to, wires, ACH/EFT, cards and checks
- Assist in the data and analytics reporting for Accounts Payable
- Assist with public record requests, audit initiatives and other requests
- Process specialized transactions independently and ensure that the specialized payments comply with established policies and procedures
- Ensure the payments are properly recorded within the Accounts Payable system and that all the financial controls are met
- Assist with creating and coordinating data and analytics reporting for Accounts Payable with automation and revenue generating opportunities
What Will Make You Successful?
- Skill in analyzing information, practices, or systems to identify problems, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and recognize alternatives and their implications
- Ability to evaluate impact on workload of projects and to meet specified deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service in order to appropriately respond to customer requests
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and ability to read and comprehend English to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, supervisors, employees, and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend English sufficient to understand and interpret guidelines, documentation, and pertinent policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and be an effective team player
- Demonstrated working knowledge of and ability to enter data on line to a computerized accounts payable system.
- Skill in utilizing personal computer, spreadsheet, word processing, and electronic mail applications to prepare analyses and communicate effectively with others
- Good mathematical skills; ability to analyze invoices and corresponding documentation to determine if the transactions are within applicable policies and procedures. Ability to identify when adjustments need to be made and seek approval as required
- Demonstrated Accounts Payable, accounting, bookkeeping, and/or data entry experience
- Working knowledge of University Purchasing and Accounts Payable policies and procedures system (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of University and basic accounting principles such as debiting and crediting (Preferred)
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
UCLA is a Tobacco-Free environment. For more information, please view the policy at Tobacco-Free Campus Policy
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Keywords: accounting, accountant, bookkeeper