Another Source’s client, Sabey Corporation, is recruiting a Controller to join their Accounting and Finance team. Here’s a little about Sabey Corporation and the position they are recruiting for:
Sabey Corporation is a 45 year-old privately held Seattle based full-service commercial real estate company with an outstanding reputation. The Company is primarily engaged in data center, office, and industrial property development, construction and operations with ownership in the Pacific Northwest and on the east coast.
The Controller is a Leader who provides Accounting Best Practices guided management, direction and technical support for the all of the Company’s financial reporting and accounting operations functions. Special emphasis is given to the Company’s data center business due to the level of complexity and stringent reporting requirements.
This position reports to the CFO and provides direct oversight for all financial reporting and accounting operations to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, and treasury management. The primary focus of the Controller is to ensure timely and accurate GAAP conforming financial reporting and proper internal controls.
- Management of all aspects of Accounting and Financial Reporting, including period-end closing processes, internal and external financial reporting, budgeting, tenant reconciliations, and audits.
- Oversees preparation of and provides review of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial reporting packages to include consolidated financial statements for multiple consolidated entity structures, consolidating and eliminating entries, non-controlling interest/joint venture waterfall calculations, intercompany reconciliations, equity rollforwards, cashflow statements, supporting documentation for footnote disclosures to the financial statements and drafting of footnotes to the external financial statements.
- Oversees the accounting for acquisition, disposition and financing transactions, including calculating proration adjustments, performing technical accounting research, documenting conclusions in a memo format, and the recording of closing journal entries.
- Directs the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable (including the financial administration and accounting treatment of all customer contract) and Treasury Management functions.
- Continually evaluates internal controls to ensure that adequate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Oversees all aspects of tax compliance working with multiple outside CPA firms on tax matters and filings.
- Ensures all critical policies and procedures are documented and current.
- Promotes continual focus on innovation, process improvement and enhanced efficiency based upon Accounting Best Practices.
- Maximizes utilization of the Yardi ERP system to consistently meet the varying needs of the organization.
- Leads, motivates and develops team members by providing professional growth opportunities.
- Is an active member of the Sabey Senior Leadership Team
- Promotes collaboration and communication between the Accounting Department and all other departments across the Company
- Embodies Sabey Core Values
- Strong and proven leadership capabilities
- Great interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be a hands-on manager when required
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Desire to interact with all levels of Sabey Stakeholders
- Critical thinking and the capacity to consistently exercise sound judgement and reasoning
- Possess a growth mindset
- Proficient with technology
- 7+ years of experience in a senior accounting management level position; Previous Controller level experience highly preferred
- Previous experience developing and leading an accounting team with varying levels of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a directly related field
- CPA required
- Commercial real estate experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience with multiple entity structures and preparing GAAP consolidated financial statements required
- Strong communication skills – must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbally within all levels of the organization
- Advanced understanding of Yardi or a comparable accounting software
- Strong technical capabilities and a thorough understanding of GAAP
- Critical thinking skills – must be able to understand complex accounting issues and be detail oriented
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across all organizational levels in order to accomplish strategic initiatives and goals
- Must have the desire to grow within the organization
- Advanced knowledge of the English language – ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal comprehension and expression
- Leadership skills – must be willing to continually advance personal leadership skills, deliver excellent feedback, and be receptive to feedback
- Professional development – must be committed to the professional development of each member of the Accounting Department Team and others across the organization.
Sabey Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.