Assistant Operations Manager
Another Source’s client, Sabey Corporation, is recruiting an Assistant Operations Manager to join their Sabey Data Centers team in Quincy Washington. Here is a little about Sabey Corporation and the position they are recruiting for:
Sabey Corporation is a 45 year-old full-service commercial real estate company with an outstanding reputation. As a privately-owned company, Sabey focuses on building value by serving one customer at a time. The company is primarily engaged in data center, office, and industrial property development, construction and operations with ownership in the Pacific Northwest and on the East Coast.
Sabey Data Centers is one of the oldest and largest privately-owned multi-tenant data center owner/developer/operators in the world. Being privately-owned may mean that Sabey is never a household name, but to Sabey, it means a complete focus on building value by serving one customer at a time.
Today, with three million square feet of mission critical space, Sabey Data Centers continues to serve the world’s most exciting enterprises and institutions with customized data center solutions that are efficient, reliable, and quick to market.
The U.S. Department of Energy recognizes Sabey Data Centers: click here!
Take a closer look at Sabey Data Centers: https://vimeo.com/173798200
Sabey offers highly competitive wages based on education and work experience as well as a competitive benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, voluntary vision, short term disability, life insurance and paid time off.
This position is responsible for leading a team of people to ensure the operation and reliability of a multi-tenant, mission critical data center campus.
- Operate the data center program to achieve 100% uptime and customer service level agreement (SLA) compliance.
- Ensure the facility complies with governmental regulations and SDCP policies. Interact with regulators and auditors, as needed.
- Maintain customer relationships. Communicate to customers and provide assistance when needed.
- Lead the operations team
- Hire, orient, train, evaluate and develop employees. When necessary carry out disciplinary actions.
- Assign personnel to various tasks, direct activities, provide guidance, and monitor progress to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Demonstrate effective team management and supervisory skills including planning, priority setting, conflict resolution, and managing multiple efforts concurrently.
- Interact with and assist the SDCP business development team with items such as tours of potential clients, technical advice, and review of proposed contracts.
- Manage the development, implementation and administration of operational processes, programs, systems and reports.
- Oversee and ensure facility is maintained to established standards.
- Maintain vendor relationships. Evaluate vendors and hold them to SDCP standards.
- Oversee the security team and ensure they are performing to SDCP standards.
- Serve as on-site owner’s representative
- Review drawings and interact with consultants.
- Ensure construction activities do not negatively affect operational activities.
- Develop the annual budget. Manage the budget to meet or exceed goals and comply with applicable accounting requirements.
- Administer the building resource conservation program
- Reward efforts that add value and save money.
- Produce reports, including Energy Star and internal company reports.
- Embody Sabey core values
- Carry a work cell phone and be reachable in the event of an emergency
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in facility management
- 2+ years of experience managing and maintaining critical facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent directly related experience
- Advanced knowledge of the English language – must be able to demonstrate strong written and oral comprehension and expression
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of critical environment facility systems (electrical, mechanical, controls, etc.)
- Ability to communicate with all levels of Sabey employees, customers, and subcontractors in a mature and professional demeanor
- Ability to build and maintain long-term relationships with clients and vendors
- Must be able to manage risk and resources
- Strong interpersonal and managerial skills – must be able to communicate effectively, delegate tasks, problem solve, and manage personnel
- Ability to interface with technology and operate a computer, proficiency with the Microsoft Suite.
Sabey Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.