Global Technology Infrastructure Manager
Who we are
Amplifon is an Italian multinational company and the global leader in hearing care solutions and services for retail expertise, customization and consumer care. More than 17,000 professionals every day in a network of 11,000 points of sale / service centers / affiliates, give back the joy of hearing, feeling and living to thousands of people across the world.
In Amplifon we believe people are the most important component of our success. Thanks to our best-in-class Hearing Care Professionals and front and back office Teams, we are able to put the everyday taps, pops and splashes back into the lives of our customers. We believe that it’s only through strong investment in talent engagement, continuous professional development, support and recognition that our people can exceed every limit and build a fulfilling career.
What we are looking for
The Global Technology Infrastructure Manager will play a key role into the new Global IT organization at Amplifon.
The resource will be responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of services and servers across the hybrid multicloud environment of Amplifon.
He/she will manage the infrastructure that support the business and participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the IT business needs. The resource will also be actively involved, directly or with the support of external partners, in problem and issue resolution on services and server systems to limit business disruptions within the company.
He/she will be responsible for the global discovery and monitoring solution assuring all systems, services and server are correctly monitored and any issue on those is promptly identified, correctly assigned and resolved.
He/she will be responsible to perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
Key responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Design, install, configure and proactively manage internal and customer facing servers, database engines in cloud and private datacenter
- Administer and support core Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and VMware technologies
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting solutions
- Design and implement automation solutions that will make a hands-off environment
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide support for Infrastructure related emergencies
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Assist with hardware, cloud, and software vendor evaluation, recommendation, and negotiations
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure, networks, databases, and systems
- Knowledge of enterprise discovery and monitoring solutions (Knowledge of Microfocus uCMDB, Operation Bridge and Network Operation Management is a plus)
- Project management skills preferred
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation concepts and solutions
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
Mandatory knowledge: framework and international standard of
- Cloud infrastructures specifically Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- 4+ years’ experience in administering IT infrastructure