LMS Administrator - Remote
AMDA College of the Performing Arts, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre culminating in Bachelor of Fine Arts or Associate of Occupational Studies degrees, or two-year conservatory certificates.
Working alongside our Information Services team and Education department, you will be responsible for the technical administration of the LMS and ensuring that it remains continuously operational while providing support and training to our faculty and students on both campuses. This a full-time position and a great opportunity for you to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with a small, dynamic team having a direct impact. This position will be remote.
- Lead the creation, documentation, and training of LMS standards, policies, and procedures; maintain data integrity rules and processes.
- Assist in evaluating online instructional materials; provide consultation with administration, faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide support to faculty, staff, and students on issues related to the LMS and its integrated tools.
- Work with Information Technology and Education departments to implement necessary technical changes or enhancements to the LMS.
- Integrate new technologies and ensure proper functionality.
- Monitor system usage and generate reports for assessment and data-driven decision making.
- Assist in training faculty in the use of Canvas and other instructional technology tools.
- Participate in professional development activities (such as workshops, conferences and webinars) in order to incorporate current trends in online teaching and learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Systems, Instructional Technology, or related field.
- Experience working in education, training, or online teaching with online learning platforms.
- Experience with Canvas LMS for Higher Education.
- Strong analytical skills in identifying technical problems.
- Knowledge of acceptable teaching practices and best practices for delivering online instruction.
- Familiarity with user roles, problems, implementation, maintenance of courses, and troubleshooting user problems in learning management systems.
- Experience using a variety of distance education technology (point-to-point, streaming video, etc.)
- Ability to work and train in both PC, Macintosh, and Mobile environments.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership and the willingness to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
Diversity and Qualifications:
- AMDA is fully committed to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout the teaching and learning process. We encourage applications from individuals who have extensive experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Successful candidates will have a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of our students, including disabilities that may affect students' development and learning styles.
- Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V