Administrative Assistant (Registrar's Office)
AMDA College of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts as well as two year conservatory programs.
The Administrative Assistant will support the Education Department’s Academic/Registrar’s Office. A primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant will be to perform a wide variety of both complex and routine administrative duties instrumental to the department. As our scope of responsibility continues to grow and new opportunities emerge, being flexible with a can-do attitude is a must to succeed in our continually evolving environment.
- Provide administrative support to Director of Education Services and Registrar
- Maintain student database by updating records pertaining to registration and attendance
- Assist in monitoring student attendance and advising in regards to maintaining attendance standards
- Process and record transcripts requests
- Assist with the process of textbook lists/tracking
- Support staff in preparing for Registration, Orientation, and Graduation during all semester terms
- Maintain academic student files
- Perform administrative tasks such as filing, copying, and scanning documents
- Order and distribute graduation regalia, Conservatory Certificates and Bachelor of Fine Arts diploma
- Schedule student appointments with staff using specified format in Outlook
- Use CampusVue to access student data
- Collect, organize and compile student forms, date stamp, distribute
- Provide customer services to students and parents when needed
- Answer incoming phone calls in a prompt and courteous manner
- Refer internal and external customers to the appropriate department and individual
- Organize and coordinate calendar and schedule supervisors
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Must have experience in post secondary college environment and interacting with students
- Two to three years office experience
- Ability to type 60+ WPM
- Ability to handle multifaceted tasks
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to keep information in confidence as it relates to privacy and FERPA
- Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change
- Works independently and exceeds expectations
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Capability to effectively handle sensitive and confidential communications and information
- Capability to positively interact and effectively communicate with junior and more senior levels of an organization
- Demonstration of commitment to the organization and a “can do” attitude
- Must have strong experience and be proficient with Microsoft Office proficiency; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong organization and follow-up skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Diversity and Qualifications:
- AMDA is fully committed to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout the teaching and learning process. We encourage applications from individuals who have extensive experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Successful candidates will have a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of our students, including disabilities that may affect students' development and learning styles.
- Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.