High School Conservatory Night Counselor
The American Musical and Dramatic Academy, with campuses in New York City and Hollywood, is one of the foremost post-secondary performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as two-year conservatory programs.
The High School Conservatory at AMDA offers a variety of programs to dedicated and determined high school students who are serious about a career in the performing arts. Our programs are truly global, welcoming students from all 50 states and over 30 different countries each year.
AMDA is currently seeking organized and enthusiastic individuals to work closely with our students on a nightly basis. It is the responsibility of program Night Counselors to create and maintain a safe environment for all students in a 24/7 residential education context. This is an exciting opportunity to spend the summer living on campus in the heart of Hollywood, CA, working with passionate young artists from all over the world, and supporting their learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom. The ideal candidates are detail oriented, with a passion for student well-being.
- Create a safe, welcoming, and engaging environment for high school age students.
- Lead daily activities and take a leadership role among students.
- Work collaboratively and positively with other counselors, faculty, students, and staff.
- Communicate with administrators.
- Support and adhere to all program rules including student/staff curfew and off campus rules.
- Act as a role model to all children attending the summer programs.
- Interact with children, parents/guardians and co-workers in a professional manner at all times.
- Understand and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures for the High School Summer Conservatory programs.
- Supervisory experience desired.
- Experience working with high school aged students required.
- Leadership skills with boarding program experience a plus.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Experience leading group activities.
- CPR and First Aid Certification are a plus.
- Available to live on campus (counselors live in the same dorm building as summer students) from mid-June to August.
- Must be 18 years of age and must have or be actively working towards or has received a college degree.
- AMDA is fully committed to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout the teaching and learning process. We encourage applications from individuals who have extensive experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Successful candidates will have a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of our students, including disabilities that may affect students' development and learning styles.
- Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.