High School Summer Conservatory Health Team Lead (Seasonal)
AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as a two-year conservatory program.
The High School Conservatory at AMDA offers a variety of programs to dedicated and determined high school students who are serious about a career in the performing arts. Our programs are truly global, welcoming students from all 50 states and over 30 different countries each year.
AMDA is currently seeking an outstanding Registered Nurse, or comparable medical professional to provide top-level, enthusiastic health services within our exciting summer program environment, a 24/7 residential education context. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to spend the summer living on campus in the heart of New York City, working with passionate young artists from all over the world, and supporting their health needs both inside and outside the classroom. The ideal candidates are highly effective and professional health professionals who are caring and fully conscious of adolescent development/needs.
- Create a safe, welcoming, and engaging environment for high school age students.
- Contribute as an active member of the program leadership team.
- Communicate with parents regarding a range of health needs.
- Act as a role model to all students attending the programs.
- Assure that equipment and facilities are safely and properly prepared and maintained for use by program participants and staff
- Interact with students, parents/guardians and co-workers in a professional manner at all times.
- Understand and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures for High School Summer Conservatory programs.
- Contribute to the development/refinement of medical programs, standards, policies and procedures.
- Medical center and pharmacy organization and management.
- Provide direct care to students, faculty and staff.
- Collaborate/liaison with non-medical staff/faculty involving safety and medical considerations for the program & students.
- Public outreach for student referral.
- Serve as the point of contact for parents regarding student medical needs.
- Maintain student medical records and health logs.
- Document and supervise patient-administered medication.
- Provide daily reports for the Site Director of Summer Programs, and additional oral/written reports as required
- Lead Health Team program prep as well as train and supervise Health Team staff
- Respond to any emergencies that may arise.
- RN only - NY nursing license. (no LPNs)
- Advanced BLS CPR and First Aid Certification
- Minimum of 2 years working with high school aged individuals, in an educational context is preferred.
- Experience with scheduling or schedule management
- Experience in residential education environment
- Staff supervision experience
- Full Time Role with Day, Evening and Overnight Shift Options.
- 24-Hour Supervision of students is divided amongst health team members.
- Nurses are required to live on site in provided housing during camp sessions from mid-June to early August
- Room and Board provided, AMDA is not able to house the family of our nursing staff.
- This is a three-consecutive week, full-time, salaried position, with two weeks of training beforehand.
- There is no vacation time allotted. Days off will be determined by scheduling.
Diversity and Qualifications:
- AMDA is fully committed to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout the teaching and learning process. We encourage applications from individuals who have extensive experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Successful candidates will have a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of our students, including disabilities that may affect students' development and learning styles.
- Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V