AMDA College of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts as well as two year conservatory programs.
With the oversight of the Registrar as well as the Director of Education Services, the Assistant Registrar initiates and ensures the following listed tasks are completed and conducted in a timely manner as per the semester’s cycle to maximize the efficiency and productivity conducive to the Registrar department. This position includes all maintenance of accurate student records, student advisement and records as per AMDA/FERPA/DOE standards. Prepare all necessary reports as requested.
The Assistant Registrar’s duties include:
- Assist in all functions of student registration
- Assist the Registrar with scholarship eligibility for students
- Compile GPA information as it relates to enrollment status, SAP, etc.
- Provide information for conditionally accepted students for review, and scholarship eligibility
- Maintain student database (Campus Vue) and enter approved current students
- Participate in registration/orientations every semester
- Register students’ classes and/or help to guide students with all matters of registration under the guidance of the Registrar & Education Services Director
- Meet/counsel students as necessary as per AMDA’s policies and /or academic requirements/ program completion
- Assist with all data collection as it pertains to accreditation and/or maintain eligibility for various government agencies
- Create and update all student master lists regarding registration/classes, choice classes, etc.
- Communication to student regarding various subjects matters from registration to attendance
- Assist in all functions of scheduling on a need basis; includes creating spreadsheets
- Should additional administrative staff be hired, train/oversee new hires as support personnel for this dept. with all duties as appropriate pertaining to their responsibilities.
- Grades Tracking, maintaining records
- Change of program request - review/approval
- Accelerated program approval - review/notification
- Final grade inquiry and processing
- End of Term GPA/SAP – Education Dept should run GPA report for internal use.
- Conduct student program record evaluations and audits
- WD processing: meeting with students, communication with appropriate depts., providing documentation to NY Bursar’s Office.
- Will be trained with software utilized by the Dept, other than CampusVue Management,, i.e Dokmee, Gates, etc. if needed
- Duties will grow as needed by the department
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience in higher education, Registrar’s Office
- High Skill level working in CampusVue software Registrar’s Office Module
- An independent spirit working in a collaborative environment
- Able to take direction and follow through to completion
- Comfortable working autonomously with specific deadlines
- High level of standard and work ethic
- Comfortable in working in a fast paced environment
- Able and willing to absorb “AMDA’s culture” with providing policy guidelines and student customer service as specifically relating to AMDA’s program requirements
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA will have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.