High School Summer Conservatory Assistant Site Director (Seasonal)
The American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA), with campuses in Los Angeles and New York, is one of the foremost postsecondary performing arts schools in the Country. The High School Summer Conservatory offers a variety of programs to dedicated and determined high school students who are serious about a career in the performing arts.
The NYC Summer Program Assistant Site Director reports to the Site Director of Summer Programs, manages a large operations team, and supports faculty, all in a 24/7 residential education context. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to spend the summer living on campus in the heart of New York City, working with passionate young artists from all over the world, and supporting their learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom. The NY program Assistant Site Director serves as the point person for all aspects of day-to-day operations for the NY program. The ideal candidate is an inspiring and highly effective leader who is caring and fully conscious of adolescent development/needs. He or She is both knowledgeable and experienced in maintaining a set of strong risk management policies. Finally, this individual is tech-savvy and fastidiously detail oriented.
- Contribute to operations and general program planning
- Oversee staff and student safety, both on and off campus
- Supervise operations staff (Program Managers, Assistant Program Manager, Health Team, Lead Counselors, and Counselors)
- Support faculty and curriculum to ensure positive learning environment
- Assure that equipment and facilities are safely and properly prepared and maintained for use by program participants and staff
- Communicate with students, parents and all AMDA faculty/staff in a positive and effective manner
- Coordinate with all program stakeholders to ensure that the master schedule is accurate and fully utilized
- Plan/Support operations for field trips, performances, auditions, film-shoots, studio days, and rehearsals
- Supervise daily residential and commuter student life, including travel, dorm-life, and meals
- Provide daily reports for the Site Director of Summer Programs, and additional oral/written reports as required
- Assist with the training of the Counseling staff
- Other duties, as assigned
- Superior student/parent communication skills
- 3+ Years education staff supervision experience
- 3+ Years experience in residential education environment
- Experience with scheduling or schedule management
- Risk management implementation experience
- Performing arts background preferred
- Available for PT work starting in May
- BA + High School Teacher or Administrator Certification
- First aid/CPR certified
- AMDA is fully committed to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout the teaching and learning process. We encourage applications from individuals who have extensive experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Successful candidates will have a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of our students, including disabilities that may affect students' development and learning styles.
- Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V