Musical Theatre Faculty
The American Musical and Dramatic Academy, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost postsecondary performing arts schools in the country. AMDA New York offers a two-year conservatory program.
AMDA seeks to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber to join the Musical Department. We are accepting resumes for part-time positions at our New York campus for the Fall Semester (October 10, 2021 - February 10, 2022). AMDA is specifically seeking diverse instructors with experience teaching courses in Musical Theater Technique I (1960-Present), Musical Theater Technique II (1866-1959), Musical Theater Scene Study, History and Styles, and Musical Theater Audition Preparation.
Applicants should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching, honed from personal performing experience on a professional level and pedagogy of teaching at a college level.
- AMDA differentiates itself from other performing arts colleges by having students learn from "working faculty." Applicants must have performance experience within the industry.
- Experience with a variety of styles, and periods, is a plus.
- College, high school, or professional teaching along with a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material, is required.
- Applicants will have experience in providing and maintaining a professional rehearsal and performance atmosphere within the classroom.
- Experience teaching a variety of styles, and periods, is a plus.
- Successful applicants will have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying proficiency levels.
- Applicants will be able to communicate with students in a positive and effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) / Master's degree or higher (preferred), or Comparable educational or professional experience.