Director of Communications (Remote)
AMDA College of the Performing Arts, with campuses in New York City and Hollywood, is one of the foremost post-secondary performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as two year conservatory programs. AMDA provides rigorous, performance-based training and an industry-focused education experience; one that inspires excellence and prepares artists with an appreciation for the universal power of transformation through art.
The Director of Communications will nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable school image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations communications.
- Responsible for writing communications to the AMDA community, including students, applicants, parents, alumni, faculty, and staff.
- Craft speeches in collaboration with the Chief of Staff, the Chief Executive Officer, and other senior staff members.
- Oversee all significant communications, both within the organization, and to and with the public.
- Responsible for writing copy for Social Media, Marketing, Public Relations oriented materials.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team and others to create, develop, and implement effective communications strategies.
- Focus and activities include extensive writing across all areas, as well as oversight and monitoring of Social Media, Public Relations, and Communications.
- Must consistently reflect the Institution’s mission, and current and future initiatives.
- Reports to Chief of Staff/Chief Operating Officer.
- Must possess exceptional writing, proofreading, copy editing and grammar skills
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Substantial relevant professional experience (at least five years) of producing content across diverse media platforms and styles required
- Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature, Journalism, or other degree with a strong writing focus is preferred; Master’s Degree is preferred
- Exceptionally proficient in Social Media knowledge and execution on various platforms including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
- Have sensitivity to and understanding of diverse communities, including areas of socioeconomics, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, body type, disability, and others
- Experience with Media Relations is required
Please include (attach) five samples of your writing that best display sensitivity to and awareness of the intended audience and any other relevant parties, as well as the ability to effectively communicate a mission with mindfulness, meeting your readers where they are.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V