Mental Health Counselor (Part-Time)
AMDA College of the Performing Arts, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as a two-year conservatory programs.
The Mental Health Counselor (Part-Time) provides leadership for a comprehensive program of student mental health awareness, programming, treatment, and prevention.
- Work with students individually and in groups to promote optimum mental health.
- Provide crisis counseling and crisis intervention to students.
- Case management for students as needed.
- Provide evaluations of students regarding concerns about erratic conduct, student safety, anger management, alcohol and drug abuse, and other behavioral health issues.
- Assist with development of outreach programming on issues related to mental health and individual development such as study skills, stress, depression, substance abuse, and sexual assault.
- Provide consultation to various constituents including faculty, staff, students, and parents.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the field and participate in ongoing professional development.
- Maintain records and provide clinical documentation and communication with external practitioners as necessary.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or other related field.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or equivalent psychological licensure preferred, Preference given to individuals with a background in Counseling with significant coursework and experience in counseling students.
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience in a clinical, education, or treatment facility preferred.
- Well-versed in the understanding of disability and medical conditions and how these affect the student's ability to learn and participate in the collegiate experience.
- Knowledge of all federal and state laws, privacy regulations and other best practices applicable in the practice of professional counseling (NASW Code of Ethics).
- Experience in a college/university setting or in late adolescent/young adult development preferred.
- Experience working with private health insurance plans/benefits preferred (PPO and HMO).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information required (HIPAA Background).
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA will have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V