Production Technician (Part Time)
AMDA College of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Associates, Bachelor, and Masters degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre, Content Creation, and Performing Arts.
Part-Time Production Technicians are responsible for the execution of all production elements for AMDA productions, showcases, artists’ labs, and assorted educational activities on campus. Duties will include scenic construction, scenic art, properties, lighting, audio, video, and maintenance of theatrical and production resources. Production Technicians will also provide a technical presence in technical and dress rehearsals as well as performances to assist as needed and address technical issues as they arise.
- Assist with scenic construction, load-in of scenery, scenic art and painting, maintaining, building, altering, and organizing stage properties, hang, circuit, focus, and assist in the execution of the theatrical lighting.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining audio and video systems and strike all production elements post show.
- Monitor performances for technical difficulties and assist stage management in resolving any issues that may arise.
- Run technical elements such as lighting or sound and on occasion program lighting and/or sound and video.
- Assist with ensuring that student crew successfully sets up to open the house, is operating scenery or lighting as instructed, and follows shutdown procedures end of night.
- Assist Houses Management as necessary to open house for performances.
- Clean, repair, and maintain theatrical spaces, tools, lighting equipment, and audio/visual equipment.
- Assist TD and ATDs in maintaining inventories of production resources.
- Assist in making improvements to resources and theatrical spaces.
- Make repairs and alterations to any element of production while shows are in performance in order to maintain the integrity of the performance and ensure the safety of performers.
- Occasionally assist in setting up and operating AV-equipment and/or staging elements at other events on and off campus.
- BA or BFA in technical theater or equivalent in experience.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Expertise in standard tools, concepts, practices and procedures in Theatrical Production.
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
- Experience in working in multiple areas of production (Scenery, Scenic Art, Props, Lighting, Audio)
- Experience programming ETC consoles is a plus.
- Experience programming audio and video with QLab a plus.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Work well and collaboratively in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to operate well under pressure.
COVID19 Vaccine Policy
AMDA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.