Academic Department Director: Musical Theatre Technique, NY Campus
***Internal Candidates Only
The AMDA NY Campus, is searching for an Academic Department Director: Musical Theatre Technique.
This position reports directly to the Chair of the Musical Theatre Department.
AMDA is deeply committed to creating an inclusive community that actively challenges racism, sexism, heterosexism, religious bigotry, and other forms of bias. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Faculty Supervision of First Semester, Third Semester, Audition Technique, and Call Back Preparation Courses
- Course Supervision
- MTP101: Musical Theatre I: Technique
- MTP201: Musical Theatre III: Scene Study and Solos
- MTP202: Musical Call Back Preparation
- MTP203: Musical Theatre IV: Auditioning
- Semesterly Faculty/Course Assignment
- Addressing Student Concerns
- Administration of policies and procedures
- Support Faculty to Implement Canvas as Effective Teaching & Learning Tool Across Department
- Ensure minimum standards for each Canvas course page is met across department
- Support faculty in taking ownership of their Canvas course pages for Grading transparency, Course organization, &
- Faculty/Staff Supervision, assessment, and communications
- Day to day faculty/staff supervision and support
- Implement faculty/staff assessment framework
- Survey data reviews with faculty
- Faculty Evaluation
- Support yearly faculty performance evaluation in collaboration with VP and Chair
- Conduct semesterly faculty performance evaluations with Direct Observation, Canvas LMS Course Page Reviews, & Student Course Surveys
- Faculty training implementation. Faculty tied to evaluation feedback
- Participate in processes that systematically collect faculty input into curricular development and continuous improvement
- Participate in regular division meetings (1-2 per semester)
- Participate in regular ADD meetings (2-3 per semester)
- Lead regular departmental faculty meetings (2-3 per semester)
- Teaching related coursework on a semesterly basis (as assigned)
- Qualifying faculty candidates and faculty search committee participation
- Faculty onboarding
- Faculty course assignments
- Faculty training administration
- Final Demonstrations/Finals and mid-term assessments
- Course survey implementation
- Grade reporting
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- 4-6 years industry professional experience required
- In depth knowledge of basic acting, singing, auditioning preparation and scene study techniques
- Minimum 3 years of Musical Theatre teaching experience
- Minimum 2 years academic administration experience or equivalent required
- Demonstrated skills in LMS (Canvas) or another LM
- AMDA is fully committed to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout the teaching and learning process. We encourage applications from individuals who have extensive experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Successful candidates will have a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of our students, including disabilities that may affect students' development and learning styles.
- Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V