Overnight Cleaning Supervisor
The American Musical and Dramatic Academy, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost performing arts schools in the country. AMDA NY offers a two-year conservatory program in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts.
We are currently seeking an Overnight Cleaning Supervisor to provide leadership and oversight for AMDA’s overnight cleaning team, and be responsible for ensuring AMDA’s campus is thoroughly and properly cleaned in accordance with AMDA’s standards. The supervisor will be an active member of the overnight team and assist in nightly cleaning, in addition to leading the team.
Hours are: Sunday to Friday, 11:00 pm to 7:00 am
- Ensure that AMDA’s campus is cleaned thoroughly each night and to the highest standards
- Supervise the overnight cleaning team; ensuring that all goals are met
- Monitor staff performance and reporting issues with performance to management
- Maintain oversight of cleaning supplies and materials; requesting additional materials as needed
- Promote a safe and disciplined work environment; ensuring materials are being handled correctly
- Lead the training of all cleaning team members, ensuring that all members have a complete understanding of the company policy, procedures and expectations
- Report incidents that violate AMDA’s code of conduct or safety procedures to management
- Candidates must be available for the overnight hours of 11:00 pm to 7:00 am
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English. Bi-lingual applicants (Spanish and English) are strongly encouraged to apply
- Applicants must have 5 years of commercial cleaning experience; previous supervisor experience preferred
- Excellent cleaning skills and attention to detail
- AMDA is fully committed to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout the teaching and learning process. We encourage applications from individuals who have extensive experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Successful candidates will have a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of our students, including disabilities that may affect students' development and learning styles.
- Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V