Dance Outreach Travel Team (Part-Time)
AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts as well as two year conservatory programs.
Dance Outreach Travel Team members (Part-Time) are responsible for representing AMDA at various dance competitions/conventions, college fairs, studio visits and performances for the purpose of promotional marketing, lead generation and business development in U.S. and globally. Responsibilities include interaction with prospective students and their families, dance studio owners/instructors, competition/convention organizers, and occasionally with other AMDA staff/faculty. This position requires weekend travel (Friday – Monday) and some weekday (Monday – Friday) office administrative work.
- Research event schedules on a weekly basis.
- Set-up AMDA marketing table/booth by effectively displaying all marketing materials, swag, etc.
- Coordinate scholarship sign-in sheets and encourage the completion of AMDA lead cards.
- Observe dance performances (if applicable) and select top scholarship recipients.
- Compile adjudication paperwork.
- Prepare scholarship certificates for dance recognition winners.
- Present an AMDA pitch on stage during award ceremonies and announce scholarship winners.
- Assist AMDA faculty members/adjudicators at dance outreach events that require a faculty adjudicator or instructor.
- Research travel options within budget to attend dance outreach events.
- Propose accommodation arrangements.
- Gather and ship marketing materials for events.
- Network and build relationships with event organizers, dance studio owners/instructors, etc. – nationally and internationally.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience.
- Some promotional marketing or trade show experience helpful.
- Experience in the performing arts industry, preferably in theater, commercial or concert dance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Detail orientated and strong organization skills.
- Valid CA Driver’s License.
- Valid Passport.
- BPSS certification (AMDA will provide)
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA will have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.