Assistant Director of Financial Aid
This role will supervise and oversee the day to day processes of all financial aid staff, on both our LA and NY campuses. This role's home campus will be Los Angeles and they will report directly to the National Director of Student Financial Services. Candidates must have the ability to understand and interpret all processes associated with the Department of Education (DOE) and Federal Direct Loans. They must also provide appropriate advice and counsel all students and their families on federal and institutional policies.
- Counsel and assist parents/students in the selection of funding sources through written correspondence, telephone, and face to face interaction.
- Review all required financial aid documentation for accuracy and federal guidelines; review CampusVue, FAA/CPS, NSLDS, and ELMNET for information inconsistencies.
- Review the FAFSA for errors and documentation required regarding age, SSN, citizenship, income, & dependency status.
- Analyze tax information to complete the verification process based on the collection of documents as specified by the Department of Education (DOE); review documents per Federal Verification Guidelines to determine eligibility for kinds and amounts of Federal Aid.
- Generate “Missing Information Letters” notifying students of missing documents necessary for determination of financial aid eligibility.
- Correct and transmit ISIR information to the Federal Data Base, when corrections are needed for awarding of Federal Aid.
- Run credit checks for Federal Direct Parent Plus loans when eligible.
- Certify and process alternative loans for students.
- Conduct Entrance and Exit interviews with students.
- Package and award students Federal and Institutional funds per Federal guidelines and institutional policies.
- Collaborate with Bursar to reconcile student accounts where there are discrepancies and financial aid is involved.
- Complete and return paperwork for students who qualify for outside, state and other scholarships by paper or electronically.
- Oversee Cal Grant funding
- Chair Scholarship Appeal committee and other various departments
- Lead outreach and scholarship initiatives
- Create financial aid files for each incoming students
- Track missing financial aid documents and requirements
- Run reporting to locate received documents and maintain caseload
- Follow up with parents and/or lenders concerning any problems with alternative loan processing or disbursements.
- Coordinate with the Bursar office for mailings of award letters/financial plans for students and families.
- Initiate professional judgment process for eligible students.
- Supervise Financial Aid staff, including hiring, training, and annual reviews
- Oversee LA registration holds for delinquent accounts
- Prepare financial aid training documents for adjacent departments
- Manage escalated customer service concerns
- Review and reconcile account prior to disbursement
- Create financial aid documents and email communication in compliance with institutional and federal policy
- Process Leave of Absence students accounts
- Present financial aid and student account policies and information to students and parents
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2- 4 years managerial financial Aid experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to relate effectively with many types of individuals, and the ability to write clearly and persuasively to deliver first class customer service.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite specifically Word and Excel.
- Experience with CampusVue a plus.
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA will have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V