AMDA College of the Performing Arts with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Music Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as a two-year conservatory programs.
We are currently seeking a full time Outreach Advisor based in Texas. The Senior Outreach Advisor will be an integral part of the Outreach Department. Under the guidance of the Director of Outreach, the Outreach Advisor will conduct various outreach initiatives including college fairs, thespian festivals, dance competitions, and private AMDA auditions, school visits, and a variety of regional strategic initiatives for the purpose of promotional marketing, lead generation and business development. Responsibilities include interaction with prospective students and their families, guidance counselors and teachers both in person and over the phone. This position requires the ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines. This position requires extensive travel responsibilities. Weekend and evening hours will be required.
- Coordinate and attend outreach/recruiting events, such as regional, state, and national thespian festival, high school and community college visits, career days, college fairs, international conferences, competitions and private AMDA events.
- Staff and conduct regional auditions, compile audition paperwork and statistics.
- Work with Director of Outreach on reporting and data analysis
- Function as a liaison, network, build relationships, reach out to prospective high schools and their guidance counselors, drama teachers and students both nationally and internationally.
- Meet with drama teachers, guidance counselors, and other school officials to deliver marketing materials and deliver presentations.
- Work with AMDA faculty to conduct auditions domestically and internationally
- Help brainstorm, develop, and execute strategic outreach initiatives – both domestically and internationally.
- Work with teachers and guidance counselors to book group visits to campus.
- Meet with the Admissions team regularly to review the Admissions process.
- Oversee Outreach team credit card reconciliation process
- Help with external communications process
- Help organize and strategize a variety of Outreach based initiatives
- Deliver presentations as outreach events and auditions.
- Research events to determine which events to attend and complete registration process.
- Approximately 50 - 75% of time spent traveling.
- Must be able to obtain a flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to work at least 40 hours per week, which will include evenings, weekends, and/or being on call.
- Reach out to top performers from recent auditions and provide information on AMDA and answer any questions that the student may have.
- Maintain current knowledge of AMDA programs, enrollment process, and scholarship programs to communicate to prospective students.
- Report progress to the Director of Outreach daily.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Extensive travel experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years higher education admissions outreach experience and/or outside sales experience required
- Promotional marketing or trade show experience helpful.
- Experience in performing arts preferred
- Professional experience in a performing arts field is preferred
- Excellent sales/presentation skills, must enjoy public speaking in front of large audiences and networking
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.