Financial Aid Counselor
AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts as well as two year conservatory programs.
The Financial Aid Advisor is responsible for the administration of financial aid awards to students and advising students and parents regarding financial aid matters.
- Counsel and assist parents/students in the selection of funding sources through written correspondence, telephone, and face to face interaction.
- Review all required financial aid documentation for accuracy and federal guidelines; review CampusVue, FAA/CPS, NSLDS, and ELMNET for information inconsistencies.
- Review the FAFSA for errors and documentation required regarding age, SSN, citizenship, income, & dependency status.
- Analyze tax information to complete the verification process based on the collection of documents as specified by the Department of Education (DOE); review documents per Federal Verification Guidelines to determine eligibility for kinds and amounts of Federal Aid.
- Generate “Missing Information Letters” notifying students of missing documents necessary for determination of financial aid eligibility.
- Correct and transmit ISIR information to the Federal Data Base, when corrections are needed for awarding of Federal Aid.
- Run credit checks for Federal Direct Parent Plus loans when eligible.
- Certify and process alternative loans for students.
- Conduct Entrance and Exit interviews with students.
- Package and award students Federal and Institutional funds per Federal guidelines and institutional policies.
- Follow up with parents and/or lenders concerning any problems with alternative loan processing or disbursements.
- Coordinate with the Bursar office for mailings of award letters/financial plans for students and families.
- Initiate professional judgment process for eligible students.
- Collaborate with Bursar to reconcile student accounts where there are discrepancies and financial aid is involved.
- Complete and return paperwork for students who qualify for outside, state and other scholarships by paper or electronically.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2- 4 years Financial Aid experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to relate effectively with many types of individuals, and the ability to write clearly and persuasively to deliver first class customer service.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite specifically Word and Excel.
- Experience with CampusVue a plus.
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA will have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.