Musical Theatre Faculty
AMDA College of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts as well as two year conservatory programs.
AMDA is seeking Musical Theatre Performance Instructors with substantial performance or directing experience in Musical Theatre. Applicants should specifically be familiar with Contemporary and Classic Musical Theatre styles and repertoire. Applicants should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching, honed from personal performing experience on a professional level and pedagogy of teaching at a college level.
- AMDA differentiates itself from other performing arts colleges by having students learn from working faculty. Applicants must have performance experience within the industry; preference will be given to instructors with recent/current performance credits.
- College-level teaching plus a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material, is required.
- Applicants will have experience in providing and maintaining a professional studio and performance atmosphere within the classroom.
- Successful applicants will have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying proficiency levels.
- Applicants will be able to communicate with students in a positive and effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) / Master's degree or higher (preferred) / or comparable educational or professional experience.