Makeup and Wardrobe Faculty
AMDA College of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts as well as two-year conservatory programs.
AMDA is seeking instructors for the Fall 2021 semester to teach post-secondary level courses in Makeup and Wardrobe, which may include make-up styles such as old age, fantasy, gore, and beauty make-up as well as a small costume history and design section. We are looking for applicants with knowledge and experience in the above areas as well as individuals specializing in specific disciplines.
- Master’s Degree in Costume or Makeup, or a Makeup certificate and equivalent professional experience.
- College-level teaching experience is a plus, and a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material, is required.
- Experience in providing and maintaining a professionally engaging classroom environment.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying student proficiency levels.
- Ability to communicate with students in a positive and effective manner.
- An appreciation for the traditions of a performing arts academic setting.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.