The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting in managing, maintaining and reporting the financial position of the company. This position will be responsible for helping to develop and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Franklin Energy: Franklin Energy delivers flexible energy efficiency and grid optimization programs that enable utilities to achieve their highest-priority goals. The company’s integrated in-house services and proven software provide deeper personalization and insights, acting as a true partner to utilities. Franklin’s NGAGE platform is a scalable end-to-end technology that seamlessly integrates utility portfolio programs into a single interface for more efficient management and more effective customer engagement. The company is celebrating its 25th year serving the utility industry, with solutions implemented by more than 1,000 experts in 58 offices across 26 states and provinces. Franklin Energy’s award-winning marketing team includes nearly 50 digital and foundational marketing experts, located throughout the Unites States.
- AM Conservation Group: Since 1989, AM Conservation Group has been the utility industry’s leading provider of energy and water saving products, kits and online stores. We manufacture and distribute nearly 400 energy efficiency and water conservation products, which are custom engineered for the unique needs of the industry and carry ENERGY STAR® and WaterSense® certifications. AM Conservation Group’s product lines include the Niagara Conservation and Simply Conserve product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Producing accurate and timely financial statements
- Proper maintenance of the company’s accounting records and its related systems
- Maintenance of a comprehensive set of controls and policies, designed to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting, mitigation of financial and other risks, enhancement of the company's performance, and assurance that reported financial results comply with GAAP and are useful to readers of the financial statements
- Help provide explanation of actual results to budget and prior year
- Regular interaction as required with the Controller, department heads, senior management and Chief Financial Officer, and others to solve problems and report/review financial results and conditions
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Help maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions, and ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of accounts
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) with proper and adequate documentation
- Assist in the consolidation of subsidiary company financials with the parent company. This includes pulling data from multiple ERP systems and consolidating to a single set of financials
- Assist in the completion of timely, accurate, consistent and complete financial statements with narrative and/or analytics that provide the users with useful data and information
- Assist in coordination of the audit of the Company’s financial statements with the Company’s auditors. Work with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper record keeping for historical purposes
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and MBA strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in mid-sized to large companies
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong accounting, organizational and analytical skills.
- Proficient in NetSuite preferred
- Prior ERP migration experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, PowerPivot) and Access
- Excellent project and priority management skills; must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be detail oriented and well organized to stay current with the daily flow of information and meet firm deadlines
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 5%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer