As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for the procurement of assigned product lines, supplies and services at the lowest possible cost across multiple locations. The Procurement Manager minimizes inventory stockouts and overages by managing vendor lead times, collaborating with the sales and operations department, and setting preferred stock levels and re-order points based on historical demand and future sales forecasts. The Procurement Manager coordinates the logistics of product arrival and ensures freight and duty is loaded into the product cost. You will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient products for our organization. The focus of the Procurement Manager will be to manage all these responsibilities while at the same time finding and driving continuous improvement throughout the procurement and supply chain process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage current vendors, maintaining positive supplier relations, research and contract with new strategic suppliers, develop delivery timelines and thoroughly evaluate each vendor. Negotiate pricing, terms, freight, and volume discounts.
- Manage international and domestic supplier base and their performance to ensure quality and value.
- Ensure purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
- Manage and coordinate the logistics for routine international imports or unique import projects.
- Ensure product specifications and certifications are maintained.
- Determine when to expedite critical and overdue purchase orders.
- Maintain the sales and operations process and demand planning tools to minimize inventory stock outs and optimize inventory levels.
- Identify, communicate, and drive continuous improvement projects and initiatives that improve productivity of the position and the bottom line for the company.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain, or Operations related field preferred
- Experience in procurement, importing products, price negotiation, vendor selection and assessment, quality control, demand forecasting, and inventory management
- 5+ years of experience as a Procurement Officer or in a similar position required, international experience preferred
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP system required
- Experience with Valogix or another demand planning software preferred
- Knowledge/experience with energy efficiency and/or water product industry preferred
- Experience with Chinese vendor relationships and negotiation preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must have excellent problem solving and decision-making skills as well as strong negotiation skills
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy and systems
- Able to respond quickly to changing demands and processes
- Must be able to work independently while balancing multiple priorities and make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- A team player committed to working in a quality environment
- Must have good interpersonal skills to facilitate communications with current and future vendors
- Proven negotiating and relationship management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 5%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principal functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer