Program Support Specialist
The Program Support Specialist is responsible for providing a high level of customer satisfaction by promoting participation in energy efficiency programs, processing program enrollments and surveys, and helping to maintain program data. This position is also responsible for addressing and resolving customer inquiries, problems, and complaints in accordance with company policies and procedures. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
- AM Conservation Group: Since 1989, AM Conservation has been the utility industry’s leading provider of energy and water saving products, kits and online stores. We manufacture and distribute nearly 400 energy efficiency and water conservation products, which are custom engineered for the unique needs of the industry and carry ENERGY STAR® and WaterSense® certifications. AM Conservation Group’s product lines include the Niagara Conservation and Simply Conserve product lines. The company is celebrating its 30th year serving the utility industry.
- Franklin Energy: Delivers, facilitates and implements flexible energy efficiency and grid optimization programs that enable utilities to achieve their highest-priority goals. The company’s integrated in-house services and proven software provide deeper personalization and insights for utilities, their customers and their partners alike. Franklin’s NGAGE platform is a scalable end-to-end solution that seamlessly integrates utility portfolio programs into a single interface for more efficient portfolio administration and more effective customer engagement. The company is celebrating its 25th year serving the utility industry, with solutions implemented by more than 1,000 experts in more than 60 offices across more than 25 states and provinces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Answer incoming customer telephone calls and log all calls
- Work across multiple programs and phone lines and ability to transfer calls
- Promote customer participation in energy efficiency programs
- Address, follow-up and resolve customer inquiries regarding products, services, program eligibility
- Assist customers with enrolling in programs by verifying eligibility and submitting enrollment
- Establish positive working relationships with customers by ensuring a high level of customer service
- Address customer complaints and make recommendations, process replacement components and kits
- Make outgoing calls to customers for taking surveys and promoting a program offering
- Provide accurate and timely information regarding the status of customers’ application and kit shipment
- Process mailer enrollments and installation surveys (BRCs), including scanning, saving files and uploading
- Follow up with customers or Trade Allies to obtain information for incomplete applications
- Provide support for processing regional bulk shipments
- Coordinate with Program Managers to ensure proper organization of files, paperwork, and data entry
- Maintain, update, and add entries to the program databases or files accurately
- Help maintain and update program spreadsheets relating to project tracking and scheduling of work
- Review program documentation to ensure adherence to program rules and requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of Customer Service preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Proficient in English; Spanish also preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours. Must be available evenings and weekend hours as needed
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer