Director of Program Management
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
Position Summary -
*** This position can be remote anywhere in the United States***
The Director of Program Management is primarily responsible for overseeing all aspects of kit and education program management and providing leadership to the program management team. This is a hands-on leadership role, sharing responsibility for planning, design, coordination amongst departments, implementation, and completion of programs within the desired timeline and budget. The Director of Program Management will coordinate closely with multiple levels of leadership within the Company, including the Services program management team, marketing and graphic design, program implementation and outreach, product procurement, and all aspects of kitting and warehouse operations. The position ensures that kit and education programs are implemented consistently, efficiently, and that all communication with other departments is conducted properly and timely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide day to day leadership to Program Managers to ensure contracts are implemented properly and timely, programs are launched on time, and the client’s objectives are achieved
- Assign programs to Program Managers so that workload is balanced and appropriately assigned based on employee skillsets
- Conduct meetings on a regular basis to ensure program schedules are on track and pertinent information is being shared to all program stakeholders
- Optimize and standardize best practice processes across the team
- Oversee client relationships and ensure effective, timely and accurate client communications
- Monitor program budgets to ensure full utilization of funds while meeting the program’s savings goals
- Ensure all Program Management team members are positive role models and the voice of programs, effectively coordinating and communication with program stakeholders
- Manage direct reports via routinely scheduled one on one meetings, performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring and directing workload
- Manage programs directly as necessary, with a focus on critical portfolio programs
Program Management Responsibilities:
- Client account management; expectation management, reporting, ongoing services assessment, coordination and delivery
- Project management; planning and scoping, budget and staff management, reporting, and issue management
- Define program scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Effectively communicate program expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend budget changes where necessary
- Set and continually manage program expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, engineering or other discipline
- 5+ years of experience in management/supervisory experience including hiring, coaching, performance reviews, and mentoring
- 3+ years of experience in managing energy efficiency programs - preferred
- Proficiency in financial management
- Must show proven leadership in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must have excellent leadership, team management and relationship building skills
- Must be familiar with project management techniques and have strong understanding of project management tools and approaches to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Fluent in creating and managing project plans, as well as providing and meeting time estimates for assigned tasks
- Flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver integrated solutions
- Solid problem-solving skills and ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer