Account Executive/Business Development
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
Our organization makes sustainable energy universally accessible and affordable by delivering intelligent energy management products and solutions for communities, businesses, and the planet. We are the utility industry’s leading provider of energy, weatherization, and water-saving products as well as value-added solutions, all of which are designed to meet the unique needs of our clients and customers across the industry. The products offered by our own brands are certified ENERGY STAR®, DLC or WaterSense for both high quality and efficiency. We are looking for a dynamic sales professional with a demonstrated track record of success. The ideal candidate will be a proven sales professional with verifiable references that is competitive, motivated, has great organizational and communication skills, and has a track record for closing. Candidates must feel comfortable prospecting, cold-calling, and negotiating via phone, as well as meeting with customers in person. This sales position is responsible for direct outreach to customers via phone, email, trade shows and in-person visits. The Account Executive will develop both a base of customers that generate repeatable business as well as continuously pursue new customer opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Build a sales pipeline for current and future years that will enable you to meet your sales goal in the current year as well as set you up for success in future years
- Source and develop new clients primarily through outbound phone calls and electronic communications, with some in person follow up and trade show attendance
- Prospect new customers from lists generated by marketing and product team
- Develop sales proposals and quotes
- Participate in sales team meetings and events as required
- Maintain and expand prospects within CRM while capturing accurate and complete information
- Attend industry conferences to develop industry expertise and build your client network
- Meet or exceed monthly sales quotas and prospecting activity goals
Education and Experience
- BS or BA from accredited college or university preferred
- 5+ years of sales experience required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Must be able to handle and prioritize a wide variety of work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient in multiple development environments with a strong desire to learn and apply newly acquired knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- NetSuite, Salesforce or other ERP/CRM experience preferred
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, parental leave, and more!
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer