Project Manager of Online Stores
We are looking for a project manager with cross-functional experience in the demand-side management or software industries to serve in a management role for our utility client’s online stores and marketplaces. You will join a team that drives e-commerce sales of energy efficiency and water conservation products for utility clients throughout North America, leading start-up and implementation functions and managing relationships with our clients. You will collaborate closely with our sales, marketing, IT, innovation and operations teams, as well as external product vendors, to help bring our client’s vision for cost-effective energy and water savings with a focus on the end-use customer to life. If you thrive when managing timelines and deliverables in a fast-paced environment, this is the job for you!
- AM Conservation Group: Since 1989, AM Conservation has been the utility industry’s leading provider of energy and water saving products, kits and online stores. We manufacture and distribute nearly 400 energy efficiency and water conservation products, which are custom engineered for the unique needs of the industry and carry ENERGY STAR® and WaterSense® certifications. AM Conservation Group’s product lines include the Niagara Conservation and Simply Conserve product lines. The company is celebrating its 30th year serving the utility industry.
- Franklin Energy: Delivers, facilitates and implements flexible energy efficiency and grid optimization programs that enable utilities to achieve their highest-priority goals. The company’s integrated in-house services and proven software provide deeper personalization and insights for utilities, their customers and their partners alike. Franklin’s NGAGE platform is a scalable end-to-end solution that seamlessly integrates utility portfolio programs into a single interface for more efficient portfolio administration and more effective customer engagement. The company is celebrating its 25th year serving the utility industry, with solutions implemented by more than 1,000 experts in more than 60 offices across more than 25 states and provinces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Develop and maintain a standard set of milestones and tasks to be followed during implementation of new or significantly revamped stores (e.g., the project plan).
- Leverage this project plan as the basis for all new implementations and work with the client and Director - Online Stores, as well as the sales, marketing, IT and operations teams to tailor this plan as needed per implementation while providing complete visibility into the process for all internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as implementation lead to execute the project plan via routine meetings and other intra-company communications, including communication and execution of pre-launch test plans and management of any subsequently built remediation plans. Schedule and lead regular meetings with the client, and manage action items arising from these discussions.
- Determines client-specific reporting cadence and format, then lead development and collaborate on execution.
- Work with the Director – Online Stores and sales team to manage client relationships and their tasks during implementation, including establishment of milestones, tasks, KPIs and overall launch timelines. Lead review and approval project management with client and internal team.
- Coordinate with Franklin Energy implementation team (including any relevant NGAGE team members), as well as other resources as needed to execute the project plan.
- Ensure post-launch operations are in an appropriate state to transition into “operations” mode. Continue to lead regular client meetings and reporting deliverables post-launch.
- Responsible for keeping the details of implementations on schedule and on budget by regularly communicating status and issues to senior leadership.
- Work with technologists to develop appropriate dashboards and monitoring tools to ensure consistent and accurate order information flow is occurring among systems, SLA’s are being met, and to identify process anomalies.
- Resolve or instigates others to resolve operational issues impacting customer and program commitments, including support of customer service or direct intervention into specific cases.
- Assist and coordinates sales, marketing, finance, operations and technology in support of their respective responsibilities with relation to online stores.
- Work with finance to ensure reports and invoices are accurate and submitted to client per SLAs, driving toward automation where practical.
- Manage product, pricing, and other information within each program to ensure accuracy and consistency among internal and external facing systems.
- Build and distribute regular and routine reports on operational performance of each program for review by the Director - Online Stores and senior leadership (e.g., program performance, SLA adherence, inventory obsolescence).
- Work to identify inconsistencies among programs and participate in development of plans to resolve conflicts where possible. Generally improve the overall operations related to online stores.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business or related field
- PMP® certification or similar strongly preferred
- Five or more years of experience in project management, e-commerce, software or the demand side management industry
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills will be required in order to balance client deliverables with staff coordination, alongside being a demanding partner as needed.
- Will occasionally require after hours and extended work schedules – particularly as it relates to project launches and other high visibility moments within a project.
- Must be able to balance and effectively manage internal and external resources, including employees across the entire organization, contractors, vendors, and clients.
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 25%. Travel requirements may be irregular and occasionally on short notice, with a higher travel commitment as the position is initiated.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer