Account Executive - Commercial & Industrial
We are looking for a dynamic sales professional with a demonstrated track record of success. The ideal candidate will be a proven sales professional with verifiable references that is competitive, motivated, has great organizational and communication skills, and has a track record for closing. Candidates must feel comfortable prospecting, cold-calling, and negotiating via phone, as well as meeting with customers in person. The commissioned sales position will focus on selling commercial products to contractors, distributors and strategic accounts. This person is responsible for direct outreach to customers via phone, email and in-person visits. The Account Executive will develop both a base of customers that generate repeatable business as well as continuously pursue new customer opportunities. Commercial product and industry knowledge is essential to be successful in this role.
- Franklin Energy: Franklin Energy delivers flexible energy efficiency and grid optimization programs that enable utilities to achieve their highest-priority goals. The company’s integrated in-house services and proven software provide deeper personalization and insights, acting as a true partner to utilities. Franklin’s NGAGE platform is a scalable end-to-end technology that seamlessly integrates utility portfolio programs into a single interface for more efficient management and more effective customer engagement. The company is celebrating its 25th year serving the utility industry, with solutions implemented by more than 1,000 experts in 58 offices across 26 states and provinces. Franklin Energy’s award-winning marketing team includes nearly 50 digital and foundational marketing experts, located throughout the Unites States.
- AM Conservation Group: Since 1989, AM Conservation Group has been the utility industry’s leading provider of energy and water saving products, kits and online stores. We manufacture and distribute nearly 400 energy efficiency and water conservation products, which are custom engineered for the unique needs of the industry and carry ENERGY STAR® and WaterSense® certifications. AM Conservation Group’s product lines include the Niagara Conservation and Simply Conserve product lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Develop sales proposals and quotes
- Achieve individual annual sales goal as identified for commercial product line
- Direct outreach to potential customer and existing customer to sell/upsell commercial lighting products
- Source and develop new clients primarily through outbound phone calls and electronic communications, with some in person follow up and trade show attendance
- Prospect new customers from lists generated by marketing and product team
- Evaluate AM Conservation's portfolio against customer needs/make recommendations regarding additions/changes
- Create strong relationships with C&I customer base and engage them in discussions about their needs and the solutions provided by the company
- Build a sales pipeline that will enable you to meet your sales goal in the current year as well as set you up for success in future years
- Participate in sales team meetings and events as required
- Maintain and expand the database of prospects within NetSuite while capturing accurate and complete information
- Attend industry conferences to develop industry expertise and build your client network
- Meet or exceed monthly sales quotas and prospecting activity goals
Education & Experience
- BS or BA from accredited college or university preferred
- 5+ years of sales experience required
- Commercial lighting experience required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Must be able to handle and prioritize a wide variety of work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient in multiple development environments with a strong desire to learn and apply newly acquired knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- NetSuite or other ERP/CRM experience preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Up to 25%.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer