Align is the leader and innovator in Dental and Orthodontic medical devices which focuses on revolutionizing the industry. Align is looking for a Director of Program Management Office (PMO) in our Raleigh, NC or San Jose, CA office. This exciting role would be part of a culture that is helping to improve lives every day through digital dentistry.
The Director of PMO should have exceptional skills with managing project portfolios and program delivery. We would love you to join a fun and cutting-edge technology company that has helped create over 5 Million Smiles (#5MILLIONSMILES).
As the Director of PMO, you and your team of Program and Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Product Development Lifecycle including initiating, planning, development, testing and delivery. You will work closely with cross-functional leaders to define and deliver critical initiatives to support one or more of Align’s product portfolios and the enterprise Roadmap. Your work will be complex and vary in both strategic focus and process governance.
- Collaborate with other PMO Directors, Tech leaders and key business stakeholders to understand their strategic portfolio and business goals.
- Create a program and product delivery strategy that aligns with market opportunities and company’s product roadmap
- Drive cross-functional planning and effective execution of studies through the development and monitoring of fully integrated, cross-functional, study specific timelines and budgets
- Leads the coordination of project activities and resources across the organization in a manner that maximizes efficiency and minimizes conflicts.
- Direct a team of program and project managers to drive and deliver cross-functional programs that contribute a key company product portfolio.
- Hire, manage and coach direct reports to drive optimal performance, including balancing program scope, schedule, and quality between the Product, Business, R&D and IT teams’ demands and resources.
- Develops (or oversees) project plans and scope ensuring stakeholders buy in and regulatory compliance
- Partner with Development Leaders to assist in all aspects of initiating, planning and executing program strategy
- Evolve PMO processes, tools, metrics, and policies ensuring they drive productivity, quality and business success.
- Ensure we effectively deliver our portfolio and enterprise roadmap, managing change effectively, understanding the value of the projects and ensuring the appropriate level of transparency via KPI reporting and other communications
- The right candidate will have a passion for technology, process and our customers.
- They should demonstrated a genuine sense of ownership and have a keen desire to work through complex technical challenges at enterprise scale.
- Ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a fast-paced environment is crucial.
- Extensive experience planning and deploying product, clinical and business initiatives
- Ability to envision future state business services/processes and to construct roadmaps representing evolution from current to future state
- Proven understanding of how to manage a PMO Department with solid knowledge of PMO concepts and ability to drive projects to completion.
- Prior experience successfully managing teams with both directly and indirectly reports ensuring good collaboration and coordination between multiple sites and time zones.
- Success record in delivering internal and customer-facing programs on time with high quality standards.
- Ability to collaborate and resolve complex issues while obtaining buy-in cross functional stakeholders
- Subject Matter Expert in the best practices of project management, including: project lifecycle, scope definition and management, planning and scheduling, monitoring, communication cycles, managing project teams and risk management.
- Knowledge of the medical device industry, its products, services and major business processes.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to establish direction, build alliances, and inspire and motivate others.
- Strong assessment and analytical skills, with ability to determine key issues, develop effective actions plans and implement to successful conclusion.
- Strong collaboration skills, with demonstrated ability to create and foster a collaborative work environment, maintain effective, high performance teams, and organize people and resources to solve problems and identify opportunities.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate data and information professionally, effectively, persuasively and on a timely basis, both orally and in writing to diverse individuals and groups inside and outside of the organization.
- Masters or Bachelor in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 10 + years relevant experience in Project Management or Program Management, which should include leading cross-functional teams and large and/or complex enterprise wide projects.
- 4 + years’ experience managing staff and developing staff skill capabilities
- Project Management experience with both enterprise applications (such as SAP, SFDC) and custom development.
- Experience in Medical Device industry or equivalently regulated industry, preferred·Certificate in PMP or PRINCE2, preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability work with executives
- Experience with a variety of methodologies included Agile, Waterfall, Stage Gate
- Broad knowledge of program management practices in the medical device industry preferred
Align, the inventors and makers of Invisalign ®, the world leader of clear aligners for orthodontic therapy. Invisalign ® is a revolutionary way to replace wires & brackets by made-to-order plastic transparent aligners. Behind the scenes, we leverage new 3D computerized treatment simulation and artificial intelligence as well as 3D printing, complex bio-mechanics and advanced materials. We also invented the iTero scanner, which scans your mouth in a few minutes and generate a 3D model of your jaws and teeth to an incredible micron-level of precision.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities