Align is the industry leader and innovator in medical devices which focuses on revolutionizing the digital dental and orthodontic practice. Align is looking for a Product Owner, for our Raleigh, NC (actually in Morrisville) office. This exciting new role would be part of a culture that is helping to improve lives every day through digital dentistry.
The Product Owner candidate will have exceptional skills working with business owners, documenting requirements and story boards and partnering with other groups within Align.
The Product Owner will be part of the Product Engineering team (PEM) and will work closely with business owners and the software development teams: Software Development, IT, DevOps, SQA. The role will be working with these groups during the requirements and planning, design, development, and verification & validation of a project. The role must develop an expertise with end-to-end business processes (customer and internal), software applications and structure. The role will involve understanding, structuring, documenting, and validating the business requirements to ensure a suitable end-to-end solution.Responsibilities:
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Create documentation suitable for each project. The documentation will include storyboards, process diagrams, use cases, business requirements, functional requirements, and non-functional requirements
- Facilitates meetings and/or design sessions to validate, prioritize, and document specific requirements for software enhancements of new or existing product development
- Work with the business users, project teams, quality assurance, legal and regulatory team and the development team to create, clarify and explore requirements for our dental applications. Another words pitch future projects to other Align teams to get their input and buy in
- Manage documentation to ensure compliance of software lifecycle/product life cycle processes and design control
- Participate in release planning and Business User Previews
- Function as Agile Product Owner for assigned projects
- Communication and the ability to work cross-functionally with a divergent group of people and functions to drive to a timely solution
- Perform presentation in PowerPoint, Visio, Word and Excel as well as other MSOffice and internal tools
- Technical writing and well written communication across the organization
- Remain organized and perform project management even with vague requirements
- Have a willingness to development clinical understanding of Invisalign products, dentistry and orthodontics
- BS or higher in Computer Science or Engineering or Math or equivalent degree or equal years of experience
- 5+ years as a Business Analyst within software organization
- 5+ years of clear well written documentation
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience working in the dental industry
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Product Owner (CPO)
- 2+ years of Software Development experience in Java or C# or any other object-oriented programming language would be a plus
Align, the inventors and makers of Invisalign ®, the world leader of clear aligners for orthodontic therapy. Invisalign ® is a revolutionary way to replace wires & brackets by made-to-order plastic transparent aligners. Behind the scenes, we leverage new 3D computerized treatment simulation and artificial intelligence as well as 3D printing, complex bio-mechanics and advanced materials. We also invented the iTero scanner, which scans your mouth in a few minutes and generate a 3D model of your jaws and teeth to an incredible micron-level of precision.
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities