Human Resources Manager, HK and Taiwan
Headquartered in San Jose, California, Align Technology is the leader in modern Clear Aligner orthodontics that designs, manufactures and markets the Invisalign® system, which provides dental professionals with a range of treatment options for adults and teenagers. Align also offers the iTero 3D digital scanning system and services for orthodontic and restorative dentistry.
Align is one of the fastest growing medical devices companies in the APAC region. The company is entering a very exciting but critical phase of development. Align is investing in new capacity, capabilities, and infrastructure in the region to build foundational platforms, systems and processes to accelerate the region’s growth.
To achieve its growth aspirations in the region, one of its critical hires is the Human Resources Manager, HK/Taiwan. As a member of the Country Leadership team, the incumbent will support business leaders to drive the talent agenda to enable business results through Coaching, Talent Management, Organizational Design, Change Management, and Business Partnering. The incumbent will address complex organizational challenges by providing HR leadership and support in achieving business goals.
The incumbent will report functionally to the HR Director, Greater China, with dotted line reporting to the Commercial Directors (based in Hong Kong and Taipei).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide HR leadership, skill and proficiency in working closely with business leaders and employees to formulate goals and practices that support business unit strategies.
- Diagnose individual, team and organization issues and recommend appropriate interventions. Coach and develop all levels of management through performance feedback and effective management processes.
- Provide HR expertise and/or partner with functional HR Specialist teams in various areas such as succession planning, talent management, talent acquisition, organization development, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and training and development.
- Guide business leaders through transformation efforts, and drive organization towards high performance and engagement by facilitating and influencing strategic and functional change.
- Initiate, support and/or lead organizational development strategies including change management, conflict resolution, teambuilding, coaching, intervention, engagement surveys, and/or other necessary strategies.
- Partner with business leaders to identify key capabilities aligned with business goals/workforce plans, conduct gap analysis, and develop and implement buy/build strategies.
- Provide guidance to leaders on a wide variety of people related matters, including employee relations, HR processes and/or company guidelines and/or programs.
- Partner and consult with business leaders throughout the recruitment, screening and hiring process for assigned open positions.
- Responsible for the delivery of the full spectrum of HR services to support the entire employee life cycle.
- Understand the HR risk environment, identify and mitigate potential HR risks and support managers to create a positive employee environment.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensure line managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
- Act as the AP-lead for the implementation of assigned global/regional Talent Management initiatives. Work closely with the global team to set up the L&D framework for the region. You will serve as an internal L&D consultant to multiple business and HR stakeholders to understand their requirements and provide learning solutions that are in line with the business strategies. Apart from designing and planning the training programs, you are also required to deliver and facilitate the training for the managers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
To be successful in the role, the incumbent is likely to enjoy a dynamic, fast paced mid-size international business and to fully embrace Align’s culture of: “Entrepreneurship, authentic and hands-on leadership, flawless execution and a strong passion for winning”.
Equipped with a strong HR technical background, the individual must be able to work at all levels of the organization. As the role is broadly based, the individual needs to possess the flexibility and agility to enjoy a fast paced and dynamic business and be capable of managing multiple demands and priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field plus 7 years of progressive HR experience in a fast-paced work environment, of which at least 3 years are spent in organizational learning & development.
- Strong competency as training facilitator.
- Solution oriented, looking beyond challenges, with a good eye for detail.
- Effective collaboration and influencing skills with a track record of establishing a positive reputation for working effectively across different levels of an organization.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside of regular business hours is required to ensure business needs are met.
- Familiar with Workday, IT savvy with good knowledge in local employment law in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities