We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for problem solving and creating great user experiences. You will be responsible for building and maintaining mobile applications for the Android Platform. As a technical contributor in the execution of the strategic direction for the company, the success of this position will be measured by the usability, quality, and timeliness of applications delivery. You will participate in the architecture, design, and implementation of these applications. You will be expected to have proven experience building innovative native applications for the Android platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with business owners to propose high-quality user experience solutions for Android applications.
- Research current technology trends to provide input on how they may influence overall enterprise architecture.
- Contributing to and being a champion of Android applications for enterprise.
- Working with tertiary groups such as Security, Architecture, IT Operations, and QA to ensure quality design, delivery, and adherence to corporate standards.
- Developing requirements definition, design and implementation of mobile applications on the Android platform.
- Develop Android application user interfaces and Web Service integration APIs using the latest technologies.
- Using Test Driven Development to create high-quality, maintainable and easily scalable software.
- Ensure application development principles, standards, and best practices are followed for each project.
- Mentor other developers, ensuring the quality of their code and designs.
- A 'can do' attitude, high energy, and creativity are required along with organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, written, and visual communication skills, with the ability to present findings concisely and effectively.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with developers, program management, and marketing about objectives, requirements and design constraints.
- Solid understanding of agile development principles, careful attention to detail, as well as the ability to design solutions for multiple product requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/MS degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of overall software development experience, preferably secure, scalable web/mobile applications.
- 1+ years of experience building native apps for the Android platform using the latest SDK versions.
- Portfolio of published apps is required.
- Deep knowledge of Java, Android SDK, different versions of Android and how to support various screen sizes.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Good understanding of mobile platforms, device manufacturers, and mobile browsers.
- Experience with AJAX, REST API concepts, JSON and useful Design Patterns.
- Good understanding of memory management in mobiles.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills with a solid analytical and statistical background.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Fluent English (Written and spoken)
Nice to Have
- Experience in using source control.
- Experience distributing apps to the Google Play Store.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Familiarity with Mobile Analytics SDKs.
- Experience with image processing.
- UX Design Experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new oppurtunities