Support Intake Technician
Support Intake Technician – Entry Level
FLSA Status: Hourly
Global Support Management Team
Support Intake Technicians have a crucial role and responsibility to serve as a customer service fanatic. As a Support Intake Technician, you are the first point of contact when our customers need us the most. Your impact on customer success is demonstrated by each customer interaction, from servicing phone and email support to partnering with support engineers to resolve escalated customer issues for our customers from coast to coast. In this role, you will be responsible for managing technical diagnosis of customer concerns and providing timely and accurate solutions. You must have the ability to convey empathy, create confidence and maintain a professional rapport with the customer while resolving their concerns. The Support Intake Technician is also responsible for ensuring the Global Support Management department achieves key metrics, including a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction and daily performance goals.
To be successful in this role, you must have a love for technology, possess “some” technical aptitude, have general experience troubleshooting hardware and software and an enthusiasm to help people. The is a perfect career opportunity for aspiring technicians, and/or entry-level candidates who are results driven and truly enjoy solving and investigating. You will get the chance to build the Agilysys brand, get hands-on professional experience, and develop your technical knowledge and abilities with an award-winning team.
You will be expected to collaborate across all Support employee levels as well as manage intake calls, case documentation, customer service and call volume coverage to client relationship management; Also, you may be called upon to facilitate and/or contribute to internal and external trainings, cross-functional projects and/or cross-departmental escalations or customer inquiries.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- The desire to learn, investigate, hunt, and strive for continuous improvement every day!
- Excelled in customer service positions: answering phones, emails and interacting with clients throughout an active, high volume day.
- Technical aptitude and general experience troubleshooting hardware and software.
- Industry-specific certification(s) such as A+, Network+, MTA, or HDI Desktop Support Technician.
- A natural desire to assist others and problem-solve
- The ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fast-paced environment
- The ambition and hunger to consistently exceeded customer expectations
- A strong ability to communicate, both written and spoken, with technical and non-technical individuals.
- A strong intellectual curiosity.
- The ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information to investigate and accurately triage issues.
- The skills and training to use inductive reasoning, think analytically, and to confidently make decisions under time and client pressures.
- A strong work ethic, a strong sense of accountability, and the ability to be highly collaborative.
- Exceptional organizational skills and self-motivation.
- An innate ability to prioritize and effectively juggle multiple projects with high business priority.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot a broad array of network, and other technical issues that would require a basic understanding of hardware and software.
- Complete primary intake and initial triage of incoming calls.
- Provide excellent customer service through empathy, friendly demeanor, and following established quality assurance process
- Input quality data in ticketing system, Salesforce.
- Research hardware and software problems defined by customers and provide diagnosis and resolution
- Perform basic walkthrough of configuration with the customer
- Understand escalation process and perform escalation process in a timely manner
- Actively participate in team meetings to provide feedback and ways to improve efficiencies
- Coordinate with hardware vendors on diagnosis and resolution of hardware problems.
- Accurately document worked issues and detailed steps for resolution when necessary
- Keep abreast of software releases, new feature and functionality, and updated installation procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least an associates degree in technology, or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience in a customer facing position and/or in the hospitality industry.
- At least one year of experience troubleshooting and servicing basic hardware and software inquires.
- A familiarity in helpdesk ticketing and helpdesk processes.
- Either hands-on user experience and/or related experience in POS (Point-of-Sale), PMS (Property Management) software.
- Industry specific certifications such as: A+, Network+, MTA, or HDI Desktop Support Technician are preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting software environments utilizing SQL is a plus
- Familiarity troubleshooting Windows Server.
- Experience using Salesforce is preferred, but not required.