Sr. Software Engineer, .Net
Agilysys is an innovative company that provides enterprise software, services and solutions for the hospitality industry in North America, Europe and Asia. Products include point-of-sales, property management, inventory and procurement, and mobile and wireless solutions that are designed to streamline operations, improve efficiency, and enhance the guest experience. We serve casinos, resorts, hotels, foodservice venues, stadiums, and cruise lines.
Agilysys is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team responsible for delivering of our flagship InfoGenesis Point of Sale product, which is sold to our customers both as service (SaaS) as well as on-premise software. This position will be part of a cross-functional team located in our Alpharetta, GA office creating new feature functionality and evolving this industry-leading Microsoft stack product towards our new web-services-based platform technology.
The ideal candidate has a great attitude and is team oriented but also able to work well independently on one or more projects. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated with a strong desire to improve their knowledge/skills, is passionate about delivering great products for our customers, thrives in an agile development environment, and emphasizes quality code in our products. We are looking for someone with solid coding skills who understands how specification, design, coding, documentation and quality assurance pieces fit together to create a great product.
- Participate in R&D activities where needed. Design, code, test and implement the product/solution.
- Participate in and own delivery of high quality customer-facing software with roadmap features.
- Execute in client facing environment including activities around custom solution design, build systems, engineering processes, and delivery systems
- Own or review component level designs and documentation
- Be a role model for how to do things "right"
- Collaborate with program management on product features and requirements
- Ensure AGILE software engineering best practices are utilized and continuously enhanced
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of C, C++ and Win 32 development
- 2+ years of .NET proframming experience and SQL
- 3+ years of commercial software development experience
- 1+ years of SaaS development
- 1+ years of database development experience
- Have worked in an agile environment, preferably SCRUM
- Willingness to travel for meetings & trade-shows.
- Experience with VB development
- Experience with RESTful web service development
- Experience designing and implementing distributed solutions
- Hospitality experience a plus.
Agilysys, Inc. (Nasdaq: AGYS) is a leading developer and marketer of enterprise software, services and solutions to the hospitality and retail industries. Agilysys has over 3,000 customers including some of the world’s most recognizable resort, casino and cruise line brands. The company specializes in market-leading point-of-sale, property management, inventory and procurement, and mobile and wireless solutions that are designed to streamline operations, improve efficiency and enhance the guest experience. Agilysys serves casinos, resorts, hotels, foodservice venues, stadiums, cruise lines, grocery stores, convenience stores, general and specialty retail businesses and partners. Agilysys operates extensively throughout North America, with additional sales and support offices in the United Kingdom, Singapore and Hong Kong. For more information, visit www.agilysys.com.