Sr. Software Engineer, Platform
We build highly available ReST-based cloud services using Java and Docker technologies. This position offers an opportunity to learn a broad range of new skills, technology, and processes. We practice Agile methodologies, create sustainable schedules, and our cross-functional teams build strong, collaborative relationships as partners in the delivery of quality solutions.
You will collaborate as a key stakeholder in the definition, creation and delivery of our solutions. You will be responsible for designing and developing web services, components, scripts and applications that enable incremental delivery of powerful cloud-based and on-premise customer solutions. The ideal candidate is comfortable in an agile environment and loves working closely across the team so that testing is seamlessly integrated into our overall development process.
- Analyze feature requirements and propose and implement solutions
- Document, review and collaborate on implementation choices and decisions
- Leverage test-driven development skills to efficiently deliver features with a high level of quality
- Review and comment on designs and code review of fellow teammates
- Participate in the on-call process to quickly troubleshoot and solve customer problems
- Take on bugs to keep our code base clean and trouble free
- 5+ years Java programming experience including Java 8+ features
- Understanding of Spring framework (core and web service)
- Familiar with software architecture and design such as design patterns, data structures and object-oriented principles
- 5+ years experience with web service technologies (ReST, JSON, HTTP) and architecture
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization technologies (AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Basics of Linux OS (command line tools, installing packages)
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- BS Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
Agilysys, Inc. (Nasdaq: AGYS) is a leading developer and marketer of enterprise software, services and solutions to the hospitality and retail industries. Agilysys has over 3,000 customers including some of the world’s most recognizable resort, casino and cruise line brands. The company specializes in market-leading point-of-sale, property management, inventory and procurement, and mobile and wireless solutions that are designed to streamline operations, improve efficiency and enhance the guest experience. Agilysys serves casinos, resorts, hotels, foodservice venues, stadiums, cruise lines, grocery stores, convenience stores, general and specialty retail businesses and partners. Agilysys operates extensively throughout North America, with additional sales and support offices in the United Kingdom, Singapore and Hong Kong. For more information, visit www.agilysys.com.