Agilysys’ rGuest Buy is hiring a Software Engineer. rGuest Buy is a program that focuses on increasing the opportunity to provide greater service to each and every guest with a guest-facing POS kiosk, Kitchen Systems, and APIs for Web/Mobile.
You will collaborate as a key stakeholder in the definition, creation, and delivery of our solutions. You will be responsible for designing and developing Web Services, Micro Services and Integration points that enable incremental delivery of powerful cloud-based and on-premise customer solutions. The ideal candidate is comfortable in an agile environment and loves working closely across the team so that testing is seamlessly integrated into our overall development process.
- Influence the direction of Agilysys rGuest solutions and architecture by contributing ideas regularly.
- Design, develop, new or maintain existing integration projects and services using the Java EE, REST, JMS and other technology stacks.
- Define technical scope and objectives through research and participation in requirements gathering and definition of processes.
- Follow a test-driven development process.
- Represent the customer’s interests during reviews of functional requirements and code.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure timely product delivery.
Who we are looking for:
- Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Computer engineering or related field.
- Proficient in system design and architecture, particularly with service-oriented architectures, performance, and scalability.
- Familiar with software architecture and design such as design patterns, data structures and object-oriented principles.
- 8+ years’ experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services. Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks (REST/ AJAX/JSON).
- Understanding of Spring framework.
- Hands on experience with mongo/SQL databases.
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, and Public Cloud environments (AWS, Azure).
- Basics of Linux OS (command line tools, installing packages).
- Knowledge of serial and parallel communication interfaces.
- Unified POS (UPOS) and Java POS (JPOS) and OPOS experience is a plus.
- RFID experience is a plus. Knowledge of barcode formats particularly UPC code 128, code 39 (JNA) is a plus.
- Some experience with deployment automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Some experience working closely with distributed development teams
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, designing and developing secure and scalable code with unit tests, partake in code reviews, and documentation.
- Proven ability to mentor junior team members.
- Strong software testing skills, including experience with TestNG.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and a high level of commitment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in formal and informal teams with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Motivated to accomplish as much as possible by:
- improving workflows and processes instead of setting a precedent of working additional hours to accomplish unrealistic goals
- mentoring less-experienced developers with advice on how to create reusable components and follow lasting patterns
- working with offshore development teams
- Follow agile practices and suggest workflow refactoring as necessary
AGILYSYS (NASDAQ: AGYS)
Agilysys is a leading developer and marketer of proprietary enterprise software, services and solutions to the hospitality industry. The company specializes in market-leading point-of-sale, property management, inventory and procurement, workforce management, analytics, document management, and mobile and wireless solutions that are designed to streamline operations, improve efficiency and enhance the guest experience.
Agilysys serves four major market sectors: Gaming, both corporate and tribal; Hotels, Resorts and Cruise; Foodservice Management; and Restaurants, Universities, Stadia and Healthcare. Agilysys operates extensively throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.