Agilysys is looking for a technical hands on Business Analyst and a go-getter to join our team in Bellevue, WA to drive the business and functional requirements for internal and partner product teams.
The Business Analyst will support multiple teams and stakeholders throughout the project and product release cycles. The Business Analyst will work closely with business unit representatives, technical teams and other relevant resources in all stages of the project life-cycle including discovery, design, implementation, and support. This individual will demonstrate the highest levels of communication, productivity and professionalism. In addition, this individual will have the ability and aptitude for leadership, self-motivation, and strong analytical skills.
- Responsible for AGILE processes for all internal teams, and ensure commitments are tracked and delivered on time.
- Coordinates project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions.
- Works with the right stakeholder to prioritize requirements effectively based on identified factors.
- Hands on with the product and tooling built by the team, to be able to demo and participate in the release and triage processes.
- Works closely with QA Leads to plan and manage releases prior to deployment.
- Develops functional specifications (FSD) and interacts with technical team(s) to help translate these specifications into technology solutions.
- Identifies and communicates risks and issues that may require changes to scope.
- Manages requirements traceability and future reuse.
- Prepares artifacts in an understandable and presentable format.
- Assists in other areas of the department and company as necessary.
- Knowledge of software development/delivery processes such as Agile/SCRUM/Kanban and demonstrated experience gathering requirements in such environments.
- Hands on knowledge of RESTfull APIs, and open to learning scripting for automation on the Job.
- Self-starter who works well under limited direction. Exemplifies high degree of initiative and drive.
- Must possess demonstrated strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot and provide solutions.
- Must possess strong work ethic, demonstrated attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a cross-functional, team oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of business, technical education and work experience.
- SCRUM or AGILE certifications .
- Experience with requirements tracking tools like JIRA.
- Project management and/or product development experience.
- Proficiency in utilizing development, data, and business process analysis tools/utilities (SDLC, Business Process models, use case modeling, context diagramming, functional decomposition).