Software Development Engineer in Test, rGuest Platform
Agilysys is hiring for our rGuest Platform engineering team
We build highly available REST-based cloud services using Java and Docker technologies. This position offers an opportunity to learn a broad range of new skills, technology, and processes. We practice Agile methodologies, create sustainable schedules, and our cross-functional teams build strong, collaborative relationships as partners in the delivery of quality solutions.
You will collaborate as a key stakeholder in the definition, creation and validation of our product. You will be responsible for defining and building automated test cases for quality and performance. The ideal candidate is comfortable in an agile environment and loves working closely with the team so that testing is seamlessly integrated into our overall development process.
- Define and build an automated test workflow, including the use of open source technologies and custom tools
- Create a test strategy and roadmap for our Web Based SaaS platform
- Design and build automated tests from specifications
- Create test plans for new product features
- Influence the direction of Agilysys rGuest solutions and architecture by contributing ideas regularly
- Own the creation and reporting of key test metrics for the project
- Perform load and stress testing
- Perform manual testing, as needed, to ensure complete test coverage
- Building end to end automation test suites
- Solid Java programming experience including common design patterns, data structures and object-oriented principles
- Hands-on experience with test frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito and TestNG
- Proficient in testing service-oriented architectures including performance and scalability aspects.
- Knowledge of Linux (shell scripting, command line tools, networking)
- Knowledge of web service technologies
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail and a high level of commitment
- BS Computer Science or related discipline