Sr. Software Engineer, Analytics
Agilysys provides enterprise software, services and solutions for the hospitality industry in North America, Europe and Asia. Products include points-of-sale, property management, inventory and procurement, analytics solutions, and mobile and wireless solutions that are designed to improve efficiency, and enhance the guest experience. We serve casinos, resorts, hotels, foodservice venues, stadiums, and cruise lines.
rGuest Analyze® is a SaaS-based Analytics solution part of the rGuest suite®. The multiple POS and PMS products provided by Agilysys, generate a universe of data waiting to be mined and converted to meaningful information. The team is tasked to improve on our current solution so that we can provide mined data to our customers and we are looking for a strong, senior and passionate engineer to help with this. We are always looking at the most efficient way of mining data including a big data platform.
The candidate must be hands-on and will help drive the technical vision and implementation of the product. The candidate must have an agile mindset, and must be mindful of striking the balance between time to market as well as high quality code. The candidate must also exhibit innovative thinking and an agile mindset towards software development so that we can smartly meet the needs of our disparate customer base.
- Actively participate in all aspects of software development, including implementation, functional analysis, and release of our next generation Analytics System.
- Work with the Product owner and the off-shore team to maintain a healthy backlog
- Help mentor and collaborate with our offshore development team (India Development Center)
- Must be willing to travel to our development center if need be.
- Exhibit discipline towards agile processes always thinking holistically about team goals.
- Drive on-time delivery of owned features from implementation to production and troubleshooting.
- Contribute to advancing quality programming practices.
- Ensure appropriate product test coverage.
- Resolve defects in your code -- hold yourself to the highest quality and performance bar.
- Provide alternative and creative solutions to a given problem.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good coding skills using Java/J2EE and Spring Framework.
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Passion for Analytics solutions - Data Warehousing and Big Data Platforms
- Well versed in Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts, SOA architecture.
- A passion for technology and building great software in an agile environment.
- Ability to do TDD with minimal reliance on QA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computing related discipline.
- 3+ years Software Development work experience using Java/J2EE and Spring Framework.
- 3+ years of DB experience, ideally on SQL and MongoDB.
- Knowledge on Spring Boot, Docker and Ansible are preferred but not required.
- Knowledge on REST Web Service, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Big Data Platforms are good to have but not required
- Analytics and Reporting experience are preferred but not required.
- Big Data, Data warehouse and BI experience are preferred.