Onboarding Project Manager
The Onboarding Project Manager (PM) position is responsible for ensuring the successful execution and delivery of Agilysys Hospitality Group projects. Agilysys PMs plan, implement, and lead multiple client projects simultaneously. They develop project goals, work plans, timelines, and coordinate resources, implementation strategies and communication. PMs consult customers on Agilysys solutions and use evaluation methods to successfully deliver projects. PMs also collaborate with their peers and management to create best practices and standard operating procedures that will be made available to project owners on other implementation teams. The role requires regular interaction with Sales, Professional Services Management, Product Management, Account Management, Support and Accounting for project planning, execution, and closure.
- Lead customer facing projects that drive revenue and provide high customer satisfaction.
- Develop and manage project plans and documentation based on Agilysys Project Management Group standards.
- Identify, manage, report and escalate on program or project risks.
- Manage project schedule, budget, resource and quality constraints.
- Lead multiple projects by prioritizing and managing conflicts of schedule and resources.
- Work with the Managers of Installation Services to help identify and secure resources based on project target dates
- Coordinate with Sales to provide clarity around initially ambiguous projects and process issues.
- Work closely with internal resources including installation teams to complete project tasks and address business/technical challenges to meet project goals.
- Work directly with customers to set appropriate project expectations, address customer goals, determine target dates, manage customer tasks, and provide regular project updates.
- Mentor customers in how to best implement the Agilysys solution(s) and provide other Agilysys solution options when possible and applicable.
- Provide thought leadership with regards to team and organization challenges.
- Collaborate with other internal departments to identify installation improvements and feedback of Agilysys products.
- Obtain appropriate training certifications for self-development.
- Ensure effective transition of projects to Support.
- Perform other duties as assigned or specific to the project.
- Bachelor’s degree (in either Computer Science, Information Technology, Hospitality Administration and Management, Hotel and Motel Management) and/or 5-7 years’ experience in Program/Project Management and/or managing technical implementation projects.
- Expertise in using MS Project, NetSuite OpenAir, Confluence and MS Office products.
- Superior relationship and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to lead without authority and drive decision making.
- Strong attention to detail, follow through and organization skills to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to persuade, inspire and motivate peers.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to be flexible to project situations.
- Be available to travel up to 60% of the calendar year. Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport for international travel.
- Occasional work on weekends and evenings.
- Customer based Project Management experience in a hourly billable capacity.
- PMP Certification from Project Management Institute or equivalent certification.
- Experience developing, installing or supporting hospitality solutions (e.g. point of sale, property management, inventory management systems etc.)
- International business experience.
- Multilingual skills.
- Hospitality industry experience.