Software Engineer in Test
At adMarketplace, we create best of breed advertising technology using cutting-edge microservice architectures with millisecond response times and crunch through terabytes of data every day. The ideal candidate is motivated improving software quality by automated and continuous testing and has a desire to push the boundaries of using latest software testing solutions in an automated way.
- Work with different teams across the organization to understand product requirements (including business and technical) and create test plans and test cases
- Improve software quality by implementing test cases using functional, integration and load test frameworks/libraries related to our large-scale distributed Ad Serving and Click Tracking platforms, data science related projects, and other ad tech related software.
- Work closely with the CI/CD team to create/configure test environments using Docker containers and AWS services and automatically execute tests in order to achieve Continuous Delivery using Jenkins and Ansible.
- Own/maintain/improve existing test frameworks and prototype/develop/productionalize new test frameworks/libraries (as needed) using Java following software development standards
- Work with developers to troubleshoot/investigate issues
- Support development teams with testing and ensure that software meets functionality, performance and quality requirements
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years development experience using Java
- 3+ years test automation experience (creating and implementing test plans/cases; API testing preferable)
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with Maven, Eclipse IDE/IntelliJ IDEA, SQL, and shell scripting
- Excellent communication, documentation and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Is a plus:
- Digital advertising industry experience
- Experience working in an agile software development team using Jira
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS, and Microservices