Manager, Data Science
Data Scientists at adMarketplace bridge the gap between data science and engineering while building our next generation of highly targeted search, bidding and matching platform. You will manage a small but highly talented team that has data scientists and data analysts. Our matching, categorization and user targeting services have only milliseconds to make accurate decisions using both historical and real time data. You will be enhancing and utilizing these services with scalable solutions. The ideal candidate will thrive on solving complex technical challenges involving big data and be motivated by pushing the boundaries of using real time data to make automated decisions. Our team uses cutting edge software, including Akka, Apache SPARK, Kafka, NoSQL and more.
- Mentor and develop members of the Data Science and Data Analytics Teams
- Apply deep, creative, rigorous thinking to solve broad, platform-wide technical and/or business problems
- Apply data science techniques to extract core business insights and communicate insights to senior leadership on a weekly basis
- Teach, mentor and collaborate with members of the broader Data Science and Data Analytics Teams, both to build out specific projects and to continuously teach and learn new technology and techniques
- Interface with the core Engineering team in translating data science insights and prototype systems into production-ready tools and systems
- Design, conduct, and analyze real-time A/B tests.
- Support and guide team in using machine-learning techniques, visualizations, and statistical analysis to gain insight into various data
- Support and guide team in researching, designing, simulating and/or prototyping new algorithmic product features according to business need
- Work closely with Ad Operations to deliver products that enhance campaign optimization
- Represent a data science perspective in cross-functional projects and to the company at large
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or related field, (Masters or PhD preferred)
- 6+ years of experience with at least 4 years of hands-on technical experience
- Experience leading multiple teams
- Experience with applying probabilistic and/or statistical methods to real-world data sets
- Experience delivering multiple complex, scalable, mission critical products
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals including complex distributed systems and space-time complexity
- Experience applying data science techniques to solve business and operational challenges a must
- Experience optimizing machine learning algorithms; Experience with predictive algorithms
- Experience with stream processing platforms such as Spark or Storm a plus.
- Knowledge of and/or working exposure to the scikit-learn open source library is a plus
- Experience with machine learning techniques; expert knowledge is a major plus
- Strong coding proficiency in SQL and at least one other common scripting or compiled programming language (Python, Java, and/or Scala a plus)
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Good team communication skills, with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Experience in Digital Advertising is a plus
- Experience in Ad Technology platforms is a plus.