Lead Software Engineer (Java - BackEnd)
adMarketplace is the largest privacy-safe consumer search marketplace. We provide search advertising integrations for trusted mobile apps, browsers, browser applications, and consumer sites to connect consumers directly to top brands at the moment they express decision-making intent.
We are dedicated to improving the search experience for consumers, publishers, and advertisers without sacrificing privacy. Our mission is to add value to every search with our experience building and operating innovative consumer search technology.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Product stakeholders to establish software requirements
- Work with platform & system architects on software and system optimizations & enhancements to create high throughput systems.
- Build new advertising products and tools using modern tech-stack (testable and reusable components)
- Maintain, build, test, integrate and release using Continuous Integration and Delivery processes
- Influence usage of best software engineering practices
- Mentor other software engineers to improve their skillset
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in back-end software development
- Knowledge of SQL NoSQL
- Experience developing MicroServices solutions
- Experience developing RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Experience working with Cloud Solutions on AWS utilizing EC2, S3, IAM, ECS etc.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem-solving
- Excellent communication, documentation, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Would Be Awesome:
- React based client-side tech-stack
- Experience using Test Automation Frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, etc.
- Logging/Monitoring frameworks: Prometheus, ELK/Kibana, Grafana etc.
- API Gateways, Messaging Systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working in an agile software development team using Jira
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Digital advertising industry experience
adMarketplace is named as one of the best places to work in New York City by leading publications such as Built In and Crain’s. We embody our core values and culture day in and day out. Our 5C’s define how we play the game - Curiosity, Collaboration, Creative Conflict, Commitment and Competitiveness. We’re looking for curious, dedicated, and collaborative individuals who play to win.
adMarketplace offers competitive salaries, continuing education programs, management training, and career paths to ensure all of our employees have an opportunity to grow.
The well-being of our employees is our top priority, adMarketplace offers competitive health benefits, wellness programs, paid time off, commuter benefits, equity, 401k matching, and more to ensure a healthy work/life balance.